• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Double step not fitting on tube.

10essee

I had a friend of mine order 6 double steps to build him a set of sticks and the slot is just a hair to small to fit the tube. 1” slot on 1” tube. Bolt may pull it in but it’ll be close. Anyone else experience this.

flip the tube over they are only ment to fit one side dano told me this at saddle palooza

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I had a friend of mine order 6 double steps to build him a set of sticks and the slot is just a hair to small to fit the tube. 1” slot on 1” tube. Bolt may pull it in but it’ll be close. Anyone else experience this.
I had the same problem with several of mine. The first one, I tried tightening the bolt to pull the step on, which resulted in a bent step. I didn't want that to happen to the others, so I filed the step slots a little bit. Now I'm worried some are a little too loose, so I cranked the nuts tight and I ended up lock tighting the screws to try to keep them from loosening at all. I'll have to see how well it works.

It all sticks are not created equal. Try all four sides. After that don’t work use a file and file a Little on the slot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It all sticks are not created equal. Try all four sides. After that don’t work use a file and file a Little on the slot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X2 - Unfortunately I can't control the tolerances on all the sticks out there. I'm assuming your tubes were purchased elsewhere, correct me if I'm wrong. I seldom hear about issues with them fitting though. We hold very tight tolerances and if the tubes are out of spec they just won't fit without a small amount of filing (aluminum files easily). We custom made some for a customer as his sticks were 1 1/32". If we made the channel too wide, it would be sloppy/loose on other sticks. Don't be afraid to reach out directly to me.

I had him get the tube from online metals. It’s no big deal to file to fit. The steps are wonderfully machined and have no doubt they’ll be exactly what he wants. Just checking to see if others had experienced the same thing and what they did to remedy it.

I had the same problem with tubes and steps ordered thru Dan. Just ended grinding on them just a bit. Worked fine after that.

Just tested mine. Fit is a little wobbly after filing down.

Back