• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Doublestep fleece pouch

Outtwolunch

I came across some fleece dump pouches on the doublestep website and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? There are several dump pouch posts on here but none of them seem to mention these. The big question with them that I have is the snap closure model for the new Flex saddle. Do they flop around or stay pretty snug? Also, do they connect to both rows of the "molle"? Thanks guys.

Oh ok, that makes sense. I have not been on here as much this year because I thought my hunting season was going to be shot due to back surgery mid July. Now that my recovery is going better than expected I am all in again haha. I just purchased a flex in a size 2 ( hopefully that is the size I need, 34 waist but will hunt late season in it) and a new backpack for this year. I agree, I purchased the squirrel steps last year with no issues at all. He has a lot more stuff on the website now since the last time I was there. The pouches seem to be very fairly priced especially compared to the competition. I know this is not the right place on the website for this, but do you or anyone else think that pouches are the way to go for storing a linemans rope when not in use? or, is the daisy chain method a great go to? Also, I wonder if the squirrel steps wrapped up would fit into a pouch? I was used to the trophyline system which used pouches, never had an issue, always open to change though...

Personal preference. When I use a lineman's belt I just keep the carabiner with my Kong duck attached to the right side linesman loop at all times and stuff the rest in a pouch. When I'm ready to use it I just pull it out swing it around a tree and get going.

I'm offering the molle snap strap version just for those saddles that come with "floppy" molle loops. Standard molle loops are not designed to be so loose, and they work well with the quick attach methods. The molle snap straps should fit through two rows of molle no problem, but I'd like to hear from guys that are using them with various saddles. With loose molle loops, nothing can be snug really.

I run my setup just like @Murph4028 and that is the primary purpose of the pouches. You can also daisy chain them and not have to deal with pouches at all. I just prefer the speed and ease of stuffing them in and pulling them out - very quick and the fleece is completely silent, lightweight, and takes up no room when you pull out the rope. You can fit quite a few SquirrelSteps in the pouches and while they were not made for SquirrelSteps, they should hold up just fine. The saddle cloth version would hold up better to hard objects than the fleece version though.

I came across some fleece dump pouches on the doublestep website and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? There are several dump pouch posts on here but none of them seem to mention these. The big question with them that I have is the snap closure model for the new Flex saddle. Do they flop around or stay pretty snug? Also, do they connect to both rows of the "molle"? Thanks guys.
BUY THEM. BUY THEM! BUY THEM :)

Super-huge (I've got 40ft of 9mm HTP in one) and CRAZY light. It's really surprising how much you can fit in them. Also, Dan is good people.

I have one in shipment that will be here tomorrow along with a few other things. @DanO is awesome to deal with and when it’s in stock it ships fast. I also got a small refund on my last order. Not sure why I assume shipping was less than anticipated but who does that. @Red Beard nice to hear about 40’ fitting in one. I happen to have 40’ of 9mm coming in the same shipment.

I am really blown away by how fast some of you respond...Regardless, thank you! I will be purchasing some of them now, appreciate the feedback. Thank you especially to you Dan, pretty impressive how fast you were able to get back with the answer I was looking for.

I ordered one as well.. should be here Friday I think I got olive

BUY THEM. BUY THEM! BUY THEM :)

Super-huge (I've got 40ft of 9mm HTP in one) and CRAZY light. It's really surprising how much you can fit in them. Also, Dan is good people.

Do u think 50’ would fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have SysHaulers and just got two of these for my Flex. These are every bit as nice and useful and the SysHaulers.

Haha nice. What color did you get? They were pretty limited when I ordered mine, went with olive.
I ordered the leafy camo ones last two he had in stock in that color ...I’d love to see a saddle cloth predator camo pouch

I ordered the leafy camo ones last two he had in stock in that color ...I’d love to see a saddle cloth predator camo pouch
Working on it! Have to go through licensing with Predator but I've already sourced my supplier.

Dan mentioned a saddle cloth too, what exactly are the saddle cloth pouches and where do they sell them?
I'm out of saddle cloth pouches right now but more are being made this week. Will be picking them up on Sunday, check back in the afternoon.

Working on it! Have to go through licensing with Predator but I've already sourced my supplier.

I'm out of saddle cloth pouches right now but more are being made this week. Will be picking them up on Sunday, check back in the afternoon.
Nice I’ll be keeping an eye out for those!

Ok great, thank you.

@DanO
Will these fit the larger Molle loops of the original Trophyline neoprene saddle do you know?

Back