• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Doyles gear hoist attachment?

Jacobw5544

For those who use a Doyle’s gear hoist, do y’all attach to your saddle or pack? I love mine on jx3 but recently got a regular saddle and I’m debating how to use it. Any pictures would be great as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take the clip off, burn a small hole in the bottom of the water bottle pouch in all of my packs, run the string through the hole, and then tie the carabiner on the string. Keeps it out of the way, but accessible when you need it.

Sewn right to the back of my saddle in a custom mesh bag. Line runs through the mesh out the bottom with a biner to attach to my bow.

PSA: pull a bunch of string out and tie a knot before taking the hook off so you don’t lose the string inside the hoist.

I like it in a pouch on my saddle. I have it in a cheap molle pouch that I made a hole in. It is similar to what EWO and CGM offer. Although mine has extra space where I can keep spare stuff.

Punched a hole in the bottom of my pack. Cleaned it up with a brass grommet. The Doyles sits in the bottom of the pack with the plastic carabine on the end of the line on the outside bottom of the pack. Got the idea from NutterBuster.

I used to run the grommet hole in my packs/Fanny packs, but now I just have it dedicated in a diy pouch on the hip of my pop up 28

Back