• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Doyles Huntin Hoist Gear Hoist

devildog

I heard Boswell on a podcast talking about using the Doyles Huntin Hoist, and personally I hate dealing with tangled up gear ropes so I decided to give one a try and I practiced with it this weekend all I can say is game changer it is not light but I just strapped it to the back of my kestrel and it made dealing with hauling my bow up so much easier.

Great piece of equipment. The webbing version is golden.

I love mine when I have it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hmm... I looked at it but the weight pushed me away. I'll give it a try.

Ribbon/web is awesome. I used to keep three on me to lug bow, camera, and camera arm up the tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes 3 extra pounds...This thing has got to be the cats PJ's..I ordered the web, in camo of course.
Never really minded the rope I had, I had a pretty good system. It's a high end rope from west marine that doesn't tangle. I probably have used it for 15 years.

Yikes 3 extra pounds...This thing has got to be the cats PJ's..I ordered the web, in camo of course.
Never really minded the rope I had, I had a pretty good system. It's a high end rope from west marine that doesn't tangle. I probably have used it for 15 years.

3lbs? I don’t think it’s that heavy. I was thinking just over a pound. I’ll check mine in a few

I like how on Amazon it shows what else customers bought when they bought the Doyle's hoist. 2 of the items it shows me are the Ropeman 1 and a boat buckle strap. Looks like a lot of saddle hunters are buying the same stuff on Amazon!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ribbon/web is awesome. I used to keep three on me to lug bow, camera, and camera arm up the tree.

Just get a gear grappler and attach it to the doyles.. Then you only need one doyle hoist. Plus if you drop something it is easy to pickup. You will only drop something if you do not have a grappling hook. Murphys law.

Last edited:
Very good quality, no clue why I ordered camo as I wrapped it up in camoform tape.
Also another thread on here marked it up every three feet with a silver sharpie, so you can tell the height your at.
I like the marker idea

I've been using one on my saddle for years. I love that thing. I covered mine in stealth strip to keep it quiet walking through brush and in case something bumps against it and its been good to go. I use the rope version and I would highly recommend them. I will roll up my extra clothing during the cold with a long nite-ize and wrap then use the excess to wrap it around my bow limb and haul my bow and my extra gear up in one quick load. one trip up one trip down with that piece of gear.

Back