• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Drawer Rails + Climbing Sticks Bag Attachment

Tweet88

Very early in the brainstorming of this idea but wanted to throw it out on here to gain thoughts. I am no engineer but think this has some potenti

Would it be effective to attach the male side of a drawer bracket to a climbing stick and the female side to a bag/pack? Then just slide the sticks on and off of the bag to attach/remove.

Some modifications would be needed including adding a way to lock the rails in place once they are on the bag. As well the rail attached to the bag would need to be reinforced from the inside of the bag with a plate of some sort.

If there was a way to stick all your sticks together and have just one that attaches to the rail.. that would be the best option.

75BB065A-9A96-4CCC-BB5B-6EF8C42D980E.jpeg

As a cabinet maker, I can't imagine trying to disengage and engage drawer slides in the dark with gloves on. Not to mention the noise factor.

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

Yeah straight out the box I assumed there would be some issues. Drawer rails were the closest thing I could think of to describe my concept.

In a perfect world it would be two 3d printed pieces that slide into one another with a way to lock in place and disengage quietly.

Yeah straight out the box I assumed there would be some issues. Drawer rails were the closest thing I could think of to describe my concept.

In a perfect world it would be two 3d printed pieces that slide into one another with a way to lock in place and disengage quietly.
Consider bending some pvc then kydex. Maybe a framed clamping system around the stand offs. Good luck.

Back