• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Drilling 36" LW sticks

Markeje

I did a search and didn't find what I am after.
I have double-stepped 36" LW sticks that use a 2 step aider. Works well so far and suits my height needs. I was wondering if I could shave any significant weight by drilling.
Has any drilled the 36" LW steps like the Beast Sticks, and weighed the before and after?

I drilled my 24” Lonewolf tubes and removed 4 ounces per stick. I would think you would get 6 ounces with the full length tube drilling 1/2” hole every inch.

Thanks, Marc. That is encouraging news. I use 3 sticks so I "might" be able to shed a pound or close to it. To me it would be worth it.

I just cut mine and was wondering the same thing. I’m just going to wait and make the drilled holes a winter project. I did weigh them and was down to 1lb 12oz without any holes drilled. I may even take mine to a machine shop that I used to work at and have them mill them down a hair but I don’t want to ruin them and make them too weak either. I’m not a crazy weight weenie but I have access to the machines and it’s sort of fun to me to see how low I can get weight.

Back