• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Droptine smokepole buck

clint6760

I killed this buck this morning on opening day of muzzleloader season in Arkansas. I planned to hunt out of my sit drag and hand climber but when I started climbing my wet boots kept squeaking on the platform so I ditched that idea. I took the pad out of my sitdrag and set on the ground to keep dry.

A little while later 4 does came in close and spotted me but couldn’t tell what I was and the wind was in my favor. They blew probably 50 times running off and coming back over and over. After about 30 minutes without moving they finally walked off. I knew I had to get in a better spot so I stood up to move but seen them coming back. I quickly sat down again and seen something moving to my right. I could tell it was a good buck and while getting my gun up he spotted me moving but I was already on him. I shot him through the shoulder and only made it a few feet. 18 points with 7 of those on the drops.
6529719c978de977a7a6550c370408fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is awesome! I love the character on that deer. Very nice!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Wow! Great buck!
I like the way you adapted to the unexpected circumstances and made the kill.
Well done.

What muzzle loader did you use?

Congratulations. I love that picture the way the light is coming through the trees. It's as if the heavens are shining down upon you and your kill. That is a beautiful deer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Fantastic!!!! Way to smoke em!!! Damned fine buck. Wow...

Wow! Great buck!
I like the way you adapted to the unexpected circumstances and made the kill.
Well done.

What muzzle loader did you use?

Thanks everyone! Pretty pumped! The muzzleloader is an old knight inline

Man what a SWEET buck! Congrats!

Just ridiculous! Congrats on a buck of a lifetime!

Congrats! Heck of a good deer. I love hunting on the ground up close and personal like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow

That buck is ridiculous !

Congrats bud

Back