• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DRT climbing

wayne r

having spent time now getting used to DRT which i really like i was finding now my ropes bedded in that the blakes hitch was sometimes slipping slightly, i tried an extra turn but decided on changing to the distel hitch, but every set up i see is using a pulley and another karabiner which looks great for an arborist but maybe a little noisy so i decided to try a small ring with an amsteel endless loop tied into a prusik so there was no metal on metal, after a quick indoor trial it felt good so today had a crack with a proper trail, it worked very well and was miles better than the blakes hitch. very pleased with how it worked
rT7WNRg.mp4

nRp1gUx.jpg

Was the decent the same with the Distel as it is with the Blake? How long is that rope for that hitch?

The decent is the similar, pinch the top and you come down as fast or as slow as you want, the prusik rope is 34” long I then can adjust with the bridge to get maximum pull the Distel hitch seems slicker and easier on the upward movement but holds well when you stop, I am very pleased with this set up

The decent is the similar, pinch the top and you come down as fast or as slow as you want, the prusik rope is 34” long I then can adjust with the bridge to get maximum pull the Distel hitch seems slicker and easier on the upward movement but holds well when you stop, I am very pleased with this set up

Looks like a slick rig, thanks for sharing.

Has anybody ever used DRT for Climbing with a JX3 hybrid saddle?
I haven't but would think that with a leg ascender it would be very doable. Getting horizontal and hip thrusting (that sounds weird) in that thing might be challenging.

I just tried climbing with my JX3 with the DRT method and it’s a little harder than with a saddle but very doable, that was with no foot Ascender.

I just tried climbing with my JX3 with the DRT method and it’s a little harder than with a saddle but very doable, that was with no foot Ascender.
With the foot ascender you might be able to stay more up right and more comfortable. Give it a whirl all you need is a tether and a Prussik.

Back