• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DRT in NW Ohio?

Gumbymedic

Just wondering if there is anyone that lives within a couple hours of Toledo, Ohio that has enough climbing rope to DRT? I would really like to try it before making an investment...
Thanks

I use this system in tree removal but in cold climbs hunting felt like increased friction and overheats you in a hurry.
I ordered some beast sticks. I'm using old rivers edge ladder sections for now and am able to set up without having to freeze or overheat.
Don't know how cold it is that far south lol..
Good luck tho.

I’m near Zanesville. That’s a good poke but I have the rope.

I have been using DRT some this season. It’s doable but I’m looking into a SRT method now. PM if you want to talk.

I use this system in tree removal but in cold climbs hunting felt like increased friction and overheats you in a hurry.
I ordered some beast sticks. I'm using old rivers edge ladder sections for now and am able to set up without having to freeze or overheat.
Don't know how cold it is that far south lol..
Good luck tho.

Thanks for the information. I was wondering how it was to climb with bulky clothes on. It looked like a lot of work but the thought of not carrying sticks or steps makes me want to consider it.

Back