• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Drt rope

sdoyle1

Considering purchasing rope for drt. Tried searching for best rope for the money but still still not sure exactly what I’m looking for. I’m somewhat overwhelmed on all the rope options out there and don’t want to order the wrong one. Any suggestions and best place to purchase would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Predator by wesspur is what alot of ppl use. I have used predator works great. But I also got some sterling oplux rope and it works, but oplux is 8mm and predator is 11.4mm.

I prefer Predator for the camo color. Oplux will be lighter/smaller diameter but cost more than Predator so pick your poison. I like bluewater assault too, similar to predator in cost/diameter

I don't DRT but I do SRT. I bought some Edelweiss 8.5mm climbing rope on clearance.
Just remembered, here is a good deal. I bought one of these hanks, too.

Predator is rated arborist rope simply in a neutral color. You can’t go wrong with it. I was going to go with the other straight arborist rope; however, I changed my mind after reading that the predator rope has great abrasive resistant quality’s as well.

I’m running Yale Poison Ivy. Kind of a brighter green color with black. It’s a little bigger then most use (11.7)... but its working great in Drt (Trying various things out. Air Humping, Hitch Climber, Petzl ZigZag, Haas). Once I get the Chicane I’m gonna run it SRT.

Back