• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Dryad drey

Waylon mark

Went from a kestrel with 2 dump pouches to a little more than a belt with a bump on it. I stored everything in my pouches tree strap ,tether ,lb ,and pull rope in one ,scent calls kill kit ,candy gloves in another , I tried the predator pack with a spanker bag since it's still warm I don't need much layers ,did not work for me at all ,dropped tether at hunting height wasn't very comfortable anyway . So I'm back to my backpack I just have to store more in it ,how is everyone else getting along without dumppouches on the drey ,I have the mini ,love it ,it does keep your legs pulled in unless you fully set ,kinda like a tree frog and you cannot walk with leg straps on or tighten a lb up without them very easy ,belt just pulls around waist but I'm learning as I go on this thing ,set 7 hour first day in 2 sits

I used one of the older tethrd dump pouches that fold very flat when empty, and attached it to the molly on my mutiny belt that is just to the left of the belt buckle. By the time I had everything hung up in the tree I had my dump pouch empty. I do wear a chest rig for my other pieces of small equipment. I kept my pull-up rope, lineman belt, tether, and gear hanger in that pouch. I ended up trying out attaching my Dray to my single panel saddle and I think that I liked that a little bit more. So I sold my dray system and I'm going to buy just the regular hammock as soon as they are back in stock.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I used one of the older tethrd dump pouches that fold very flat when empty, and attached it to the molly on my mutiny belt that is just to the left of the belt buckle. By the time I had everything hung up in the tree I had my dump pouch empty. I do wear a chest rig for my other pieces of small equipment. I kept my pull-up rope, lineman belt, tether, and gear hanger in that pouch. I ended up trying out attaching my Dray to my single panel saddle and I think that I liked that a little bit more. So I sold my dray system and I'm going to buy just the regular hammock as soon as they are back in stock.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
I like the system ,I'm not going to use it with my saddle at all though,I have the drey belt with the webbing loop up front and I made an amsteel dogbone I attach to my tether ,gonna make a longer one and double back and eliminate a carabiner ,I thought about a dump pouch up front like you do just so all my first necessity are at hand and in order but I'm still toying

I ‘run’ a Recon and JX3… the Dryad has been haunting me for a year or so now, thinking of it as a nice balance between my two rigs, and I like the safety-ness of the harness. Does anybody feel like talking me into it, or mentioning some things I might not like? Should I pull the trigger???

I ‘run’ a Recon and JX3… the Dryad has been haunting me for a year or so now, thinking of it as a nice balance between my two rigs, and I like the safety-ness of the harness. Does anybody feel like talking me into it, or mentioning some things I might not like? Should I pull the trigger???
I would rather you buy something I would like that ends up not working well for you so I can pick it up in the classifieds mid to late hunting season. Not really interested in any of the 3 you listed. Why dont you grab a sidewinder or a transformer instead? :cool:

Im running the Dryad mini this year. I plan to put everything in a small fanny pack (EWO). Take it off and hang once I am at hunting height just like a back pack. Its too hot down here to run a full backpack early season. Seems like it should work. Ill put the drey in the fanny pack along with the safety harness.

I would rather you buy something I would like that ends up not working well for you so I can pick it up in the classifieds mid to late hunting season. Not really interested in any of the 3 you listed. Why dont you grab a sidewinder or a transformer instead? :cool:
I seem to be doing everything I can to avoid a mainstream saddle don’t I? Not sure why that is…

I've got an original Drey on a Misty Mountain RCH. With a Condor "battle belt" wrap and pouches. Honestly, I don't notice the pouches while I'm in the hammock, and I'm not exactly a tiny dude. I've experimented with moving certain items off my belt and onto my bino pack harness, or a turkey vest, but I'm still in flux. Probably will always be in flux as far as that goes but oh well. At any rate - pop some pouches on your harness and set your platform 3' up, get some archery practice in. Or put your pouches on a bat-belt, and use it as your gear hanger in the tree.

I had both of those and sold them. I now have two Dreys, an original in ASAT 3D and a mini. I use them with a standard RCH and/or with a belt with lineman loops.
They are by far my favorite system.

First day fiddling with a Drey Mini I picked up, looking for anyone with feedback on this comfort point… like expected no pressure or pinch points through the middle, but I find that the only lumbar support I can create is by tightening the upper adjustment, but then I have loose material along my lumbar, with support along mid back only, from that narrow tightest edge section of the material. If I hunch over I can push my lower back tight into the hammock, but if I’m using decent posture lower back is just loose material. I improved this really easily with some rolled polar fleece so assume any kind of soft pad there would work. Am I doing something wrong or have others noticed the same fit? I have no issue carrying some lightweight padding with me just wondered if there are other options. Either way I like the thing so far.

I run a chest rig with my Drey and mini. Carries everything you would need. As previously discussed, like every archer at a TAC event, the chest rig or bino harness does not get in the way of shooting at all. Additionally, ergonomically, it keeps everything at your chest level which reduces visible movement.

Attachments

• IMG_6958.jpeg
    IMG_6958.jpeg
    351.8 KB · Views: 19
Call me crazy but something like this (6 oz.) along the lower back makes the Mini way more comfortable. For short hunts figure I’ll keep the hammock tucked primarily along my butt, but for longer sits I think a small pad is coming in with me for extending the hammock along my back.

Attachments

• 76A8F79B-F218-4248-8A02-20385E3D85B9.jpeg
    76A8F79B-F218-4248-8A02-20385E3D85B9.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 10
Call me crazy but something like this (6 oz.) along the lower back makes the Mini way more comfortable. For short hunts figure I’ll keep the hammock tucked primarily along my butt, but for longer sits I think a small pad is coming in with me for extending the hammock along my back.
I bet an inflatable donut hemorrhoid pillow would pack down small and inflate easily enough.

Back