• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Drying a saddle

Dwaters416

Saturday is the opening day of archery season here in NC. The weather is predicting 50% chance of rain. I'm hunting no matter what. So what is the best way to dry my areo evolution out. I will be hunting Monday also so can I put in the dryer or should I just let it air dry.

See the third post here by 1saddleguy: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6

Do not put it in the dryer. I have a drying rack that I hang my saddle on when I come in from the rain.

I'm in NJ and we open Sat. as well. Same situation with the rain.

Mine got soaked on Monday. I hung it in the garage overnight and then my kids swing set the next day. I was more worried about the ropes. Pull the sleave back on the flip line to make sure everything gets dried out. Otherwise it will smell like mushrooms. and mildew is no bueno with ropes.

Back