• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Dumb question?

Swampwalker

SH Member
Maybe not, depending on the answer. Picked up a ROS a couple years ago (squirrely) and haven't used them yet. Come with a OCB. Here's the question. Anyone ever use something like a USA strap on them? Feasible? It is thin I know.

Maybe not, depending on the answer. Picked up a ROS a couple years ago (squirrely) and haven't used them yet. Come with a OCB. Here's the question. Anyone ever use something like a USA strap on them? Feasible? It is thin I know.
Are you talking about just a basic ratchet strap? If so, I tried it when I was playing with ROS and found it to be the easiest and most secure way to hold the steps to the tree.

I haven't tried it but a U.S.A. didn't get very tight for me. Ok for sticks but I wonder if the steps wouldn't shift when you transfer weight to them, since it's got a little slack in it

I've tried an amsteel daisy chain and one of those nite ize camjams with a couple ewo steps with my platform and I couldn't get it tight enough. They kept twisting when I put one foot on them. I changed to an ocb buckle and strap. Much tighter on the tree

I don’t like having my steps higher than my platform so I use a separate ocb strap.

Doubt the steps would be much more than couple inches higher than platform if using squirrel style steps which have drop to them.

Back