• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Dump pouch

Madgrad02

SH Member
Apr 10, 2019
South Central Wisconsin
This is what I am running on my Kestrel - just 1 dump pouch instead of multiple. Fits my tether w/ropeman 1, linesman w/ropeman 1, and back back all inside, as well as carrying a backup CAYG aider in the outside pocket. I am happy with it. I got mine at a military surplus store locally, but it does have the MOLLE attachments on the back and an extra biner attached to top (in case needed on tether to get around limbs with linesman. Not quiet like a fleece pouch is going to be, but seems to work for me!

Reactions: Exhumis

Exhumis

SH Member
Mar 12, 2019
Northern Virginia
I'm using this one:
Creatrill Tactical Molle drawstring Magazine Dump Pouch, Military Adjustable Belt Utility fanny hip holster Bag Outdoor Ammo Pouch (BROWN) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0736WHH16/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_BowCDbSZJ0YHJ
Fairly certain many of them are identical just different name. I'm using sterling oplux 8mm (same line wild edge sells) and you can get both lines in one bag.

Reactions: Millerclan

Yooper14

Aug 16, 2019
Michigan's Upper Peninsula
The creatrill pouches are decent for what you pay and the speed in which they arrive. However I'm pretty sure I'm liking the sys hauler and sys hauler es more. Another fella mentioned that you should throw the amazon pouches in the wash about 10 times and they get real soft. And he was right. For the price they are hard to beat.

Deltahuntr

Sep 3, 2018
Prairieville, Louisiana
This is the pouches I’m currently using for tether and back band. I have a another identical pouch to keep my bolts and drill in for when I use that climbing method.

ThomasHemlock

Sep 26, 2018
Locust Grove, Virginia
I'm using two 511 dump pouches. One holds my tether and lineman's, the other holds my stick straps, ROS, and gear hangers. I'll find a link or take a better pic later... I'm hanging in the tree right now.
be0b474a460866d053a3baba821107e5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Patriot

Feb 10, 2019
I'm using this one:
Creatrill Tactical Molle drawstring Magazine Dump Pouch, Military Adjustable Belt Utility fanny hip holster Bag Outdoor Ammo Pouch (BROWN) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0736WHH16/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_BowCDbSZJ0YHJ
Fairly certain many of them are identical just different name. I'm using sterling oplux 8mm (same line wild edge sells) and you can get both lines in one bag.

I’m using this one too. I like it. Fits my tether and has room to spare.

TooBigToFit

Jun 15, 2019
SW PA
This is the pouches I’m currently using for tether and back band. I have a another identical pouch to keep my bolts and drill in for when I use that climbing method.

So I have one of these and so far I've tried the following:
1) Remove the velcro in the front pocket. Definitely helpful. Unnecessary for retaining anything in that pocket, and makes a lot of noise, and catches on anything you put in there.
2) Cut off the drawstrings. Never really helped, and I don't plan on being upside down so I doubt t'll ever do anything to better retain what's in each pouch. I found it got in the way when I tried to access the side mesh pockets, which is where I keep my stuff for hanging my gear.
3) Cut off the internal liner. I DO NOT recommend doing this. What you'll find inside is that the nylon is lined with some sort of plastic or synthetic lining. Mine was flaking off, and it was a total mess. I ordered another one as a result.

Fuldrae

Feb 13, 2019
Kennebunk maine
WEBSITE
www.apexcharters.com
So I have one of these and so far I've tried the following:
1) Remove the velcro in the front pocket. Definitely helpful. Unnecessary for retaining anything in that pocket, and makes a lot of noise, and catches on anything you put in there.
2) Cut off the drawstrings. Never really helped, and I don't plan on being upside down so I doubt t'll ever do anything to better retain what's in each pouch. I found it got in the way when I tried to access the side mesh pockets, which is where I keep my stuff for hanging my gear.
3) Cut off the internal liner. I DO NOT recommend doing this. What you'll find inside is that the nylon is lined with some sort of plastic or synthetic lining. Mine was flaking off, and it was a total mess. I ordered another one as a result.
I like the looks of this one. How quiet is it while sneaking through thick stuff to get to the stand?

Buckhorn70

SH Member
Nov 28, 2014
I use the Dano fleece pouches as well. The small ones, one on each side of my saddle. One for my Oplux linesman and the other for my Oplux tether. Each rope fits perfect In the small pouches. That’s all I like to carry on my saddle.

Reactions: DWinVA

davecarp

Nov 1, 2020
Massachusetts
I have a EWO saddle cloth pouch, and unless I'm packing 40' of rope it's almost too big. You can fit a lot of stuff in there. It's made great and love that's its home grown, but my only other critique of it is it's flimsy so can be a little tricky loading it in the dark with gloves. I'm pretty interested in the Latitude pouch, but it's a little crazy $$ IMO, can buy 3 DanO pouches for what one of those costs. Maybe I should try the small DanO pouches. Wonder if he would make them with the saddle cloth material instead of fleece.

Reactions: DanO

farmlegend

May 28, 2014
Yall really need to look at the fleece pouches from DanO at doublesteps.com

Have tried several pouches and these are my fave, have a pair on each of my go-to saddles.

Far easier to drop items in/out while in my tree than the tethrd, cruzr, trophyline, or aero hunter pouches.

Reactions: bowhuntr09

Jeffy

Nov 4, 2020
I have one of the creatrill pouches mentioned above. Like was said im pretty sure there are several that are the same with different branding. Cheap, quick and a perfect size, but i will say for sure a little noisy material, at least on the piece that cinches up around the top. I like the idea of washing it a bunch to soften it up.