• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Dump Your Dump Pouch!

I purchased a set of suspenders for my saddle. I hook my sticks to my saddle as I climb to only make one trip up the tree and the whole sagging thing was annoying. The suspenders allow me to wear the saddle in with dump pouches loaded and hang the sticks as I climb.

But how will people know you’re a saddle hunter from a distance if you don’t have pouches hanging off your hips!!! It’s the gang sign! A right of passage!

just kidding I hate any kind of pouch on a saddle they make no sense to me. Everything we use can be compacted, is quiet, and has connection points. Pockets or a pack behind me or clipped directly to the saddle for the win.

I purchased a set of suspenders for my saddle. I hook my sticks to my saddle as I climb to only make one trip up the tree and the whole sagging thing was annoying. The suspenders allow me to wear the saddle in with dump pouches loaded and hang the sticks as I climb.

OMG. Great Idea. You may have came up with another awesome saddle build. Saddles with suspenders. This would be like the safety harness thing but with a saddle. Did you buy the clip style suspenders or the hook style suspenders.

OMG. Great Idea. You may have came up with another awesome saddle build. Saddles with suspenders. This would be like the safety harness thing but with a saddle. Did you buy the clip style suspenders or the hook style suspenders.

Just cheap suspenders off of Amazon.Light weight strap type with plastic hooks.

47A3C9AB-D582-4223-8806-89C38A460F56.jpeg

I wear a pretty rigid two layer molle equipped battle belt with my pouches attached. Also has kydex hooks for hanging my sticks and platform during the climb (all items in my pack on the way in. Once I’m up and in, the belt comes off and either gets hung from my HYS system or wrapped around the tree and buckled. No weight pulling your saddle down walking in!!!82192DCF-6F78-4345-8645-873BBE6E2ADB.jpegB4B743E8-36ED-4BB1-93E0-E531DDF357FD.jpeg6AA09343-25E0-4AE5-8255-D84EB568F6C7.jpeg

Back