• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

dynamic tether alternative for samson predator (11.4 mm) rope?

raisins

SH Member
I'm thinking of going to a dynamic rope. With the predator rope, I use a new breed 10mm (sewed eye-eye) prusik kit with tender. Any suggestion on a dynamic rope that would plug and play with that set up? I'm thinking of this

I do not splice my tether, so spliceability isn't a concern. I just want my prusik to work.

I use it as a safety backup with my lineman's lanyard while climbing and want it to be as safe as possible if I fall, hence the switch to dynamic line.

I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Thanks, sometimes the rope firmness and sheath slickness combine in a way where the prusik doesn't grab as well. I just hate these multiple $50 experiments, so like to ask ahead for personal experience.

I'm not familiar with the rope specifically, I tend to gravitate to the larger diameter ropes because they feel good in my hand. So I'm afraid my comment is more to the fact that it's large and dynamic, and less to it's ability to hold the prusik. If your line diameters are correct, meaning your prusik cord is at least 2 sizes smaller it should hold. The prusik is one of the most "grabby" of the friction hitches.

Back