• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

E scouting advise

RentalGoat89

Sep 20, 2021
Do you guys have any advice for places of interest in this area? I found some sign where the pin drop is last year but I haven’t had a chance to scout the south side of the river and it’s a big chunk of land I don’t know where to start

Attachments

• A4E2CF25-BA2B-4A74-8B79-69E82F93E906.jpeg
    A4E2CF25-BA2B-4A74-8B79-69E82F93E906.jpeg
    1,018.5 KB · Views: 46

ThePennsylvanian

Feb 13, 2019
Western Pennsylvania
With escouting, a couple things need to be figured out. For me it's the 1 predominant winds, 2 appearance of relative ease of access (meaning other hunters), 3 appearance of habitat diversity (meaning soft edges, hard edges, ag fields etc).

Now with that, I don't know where on the picture you have access to, but I'd say for your starting point just go with where you located sign before. I good way to carry knowledge from season to season is keep a journal of every hunt. I do and I put down what I see, what the conditions were like, wind directions, so on and sp fourth.
You have to treat hunting like an investment, the more you put into it that more you'll get out of it. Just get some boots on the ground, document what your seeing in as many ways as you can ( onx, huntstand, a journal etc) and as the seasons go by, you'll have the ability to make a plan with out scouting at all, and just make small adjustments based off of what your seeing that season. . . Good luck and be safe!