• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Eastern Woods Outdoors V Brackett

Buckhorn70

SH Member
I have an Eastern Woods outdoor Ultra light V Bracket on my one stick. The bottom bracket has bent slightly from being used on trees with abnormal bumps. It put the bracket in a situation to flex and slight bend (it’s held it’s bent shape)I weigh 215 in my birthday suit by the way.

Anyway.... I noticed the EWO V brackets have a greater stand off distance from the tree compared to a lone wolf bracket. About an 1” more and I do like this for more foot room. I believe this distance makes the EWO bracket more prone to flexing/bending. I see EWO has a “beefer”V bracket.

Habe any of you guys found you like the thicker EWO V Bracket better?

Comparison of the 2 EWO brackets

Attachments

• 2727DA9B-C0B1-4842-A8D6-C0E41F722FEA.jpeg
    2727DA9B-C0B1-4842-A8D6-C0E41F722FEA.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 7D826771-19D1-4F73-AC9B-129A5FB2A927.jpeg
    7D826771-19D1-4F73-AC9B-129A5FB2A927.jpeg
    421.9 KB · Views: 94
I did the same thing on my old stick. I changed to the standard EWO piece instead of the ultralight and had no problems after that. I weight a lot more than you and standards did fine.

Do you have a pick of your bent one?

No Picture....but the bend so slight I don’t know if a pic will show it. It’s definitely bent though and it is effecting the way the stick seats to the tree.

I don’t have a problem switching to the EWO “beefed” up V bracket. The small increase in weight be the sturdiness gained is Ok by me....I do like the amount of stand off the EWO brackets have off the tree.

No Picture....but the bend so slight I don’t know if a pic will show it. It’s definitely bent though and it is effecting the way the stick seats to the tree.

I don’t have a problem switching to the EWO “beefed” up V bracket. The small increase in weight be the sturdiness gained is Ok by me....I do like the amount of stand off the EWO brackets have off the tree.
Yeah mine got to the point where it needed to be retired from service. I didn’t trust it.

Here are the pics of the ultra light bracket I bent. I put a straight edge on the straight one for reference then the bent one.

Attachments

• AB95C99A-A095-4894-B23F-C338A321DCA8.jpeg
    AB95C99A-A095-4894-B23F-C338A321DCA8.jpeg
    285.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 52871CC5-3896-42E2-B7AD-6181F56C0FD7.jpeg
    52871CC5-3896-42E2-B7AD-6181F56C0FD7.jpeg
    368.8 KB · Views: 95
I have bent a couple of them as well as one of the ultralight steps. So far I haven’t bent the non-ultralight versions of either. I am probably as heavy as they can handle lol.

Here are the pics of the ultra light bracket I bent. I put a straight edge on the straight one for reference then the bent one.
Hoofta yeah you can tell. I'm sure the weight penalty is minimal. Thanks for the heads up! I'm gunna build sticks this off-season and was considering the ultralight standoffs

I wonder if a fixed V bracket is more prone to stress/bending on a tree with irregularities than a rotating V Bracket.

FYI... I was not trying to bash the product. I love EWO products. I just believe the ultra light might not be robust enough for myself and the stress I put on the stick. Dano has reached out to me in a PM to help out. Thumbs up!

I wonder if a fixed V bracket is more prone to stress/bending on a tree with irregularities than a rotating V Bracket.

FYI... I was not trying to bash the product. I love EWO products. I just believe the ultra light might not be robust enough for myself and the stress I put on the stick. Dano has reached out to me in a PM to help out. Thumbs up!
I am not being critical, either. These are my favorite sticks by far for many reasons, and I fully admit being heavier and bouncing off them from time to time is probably more than they need to handle. The beefier versions never budge with me.

I do agree on the rotating part. Something has to give and when you have high grade hardware it’s going to be the aluminum somewhere. Beast sticks, for example, share the same situation for better or worse. I’ll prefer the complete stability over any movement myself.

Back