• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Easy way to adjust height on tether

wyetterp

I don't know why I didn't think of doing this before. I'm sure its been on here before, but I never stumbled on it.

I was in a leaning oak today with another one leaning the other way. I decide to let my tether length way out so I could lean my back against to other tree & still be on the ros & onestick. I knew if something caught me off guard I'd have a hard time pulling myself up on tether to transition. Then it hit me. I keep a CT roll n lock & biner I kinda retired, in a pouch.

So, at the top of the rope just below the quick link I ran my tag end of the rope through it. Then I was able to just pull down on the rope to tighten up. Able to do it with one hand all while still holding a rifle. Able to do it really smooth.

Beats having to grab the rope & pull the tag end with the other hand. Also looked to be a good solution to anchor the quick link.

Even without anything mechanical, it would still be doable. An autoblock & biner would work also.

I think I'm going to use it every time now.
20221118_075756.jpg

Nice. I love it when the setup allows to use the tree as a backrest.

You can use that same setup/principle to hang your deer if you want to get it off the ground for processing. The RollNLock is a nice little tool for redirect and progress capture.

Back