• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Easy way to secure your climbing stick to your pack

Schemeecho

What's up saddle hunters? Hope everyone is doing well today. I am looking for some ideas on how to secure my climbing stick to my backpack. I have a small day pack that I use to carry my basic needs such as water bottle, coffee, any food I may want to bring. Rain gear, extra clothing for winter hunts, my calls, deer drag and anything else I may need. However, the one thing is doesn't have is a way to secure my climbing stick. Do you have any ideas on how I can do that. I can post pictures of my day pack if needed.

Hey, this is what I'm doing. Sounds like you are using one stick, if so, this seems to work well for me.

Unless you are using a daisy chain you can connect to backpack like you would put it on a tree, or the nite ize gear ties work really well.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

With my little bag like u describe, I bought some cheap military surplus straps cut them and sewed the straps on where I wanted them with a sewing awl. Another alternative it to wrap 1 or 2 bungee cords around the whole bag with the stick in the position u want it. I'm sure there's other good ways but those are the 2 ways I've done it.

Hey, this is what I'm doing. Sounds like you are using one stick, if so, this seems to work well for me.

That's a good idea

I have a badlands superday, and trying out ways to attach my one stick with UP. So far this is the best way.
6f49154693d900471bc0ab2379ba250a.jpg

85d258ffb246891d3410055f04e94bc8.jpg

I have a badlands superday, and trying out ways to attach my one stick with UP. So far this is the best way.
6f49154693d900471bc0ab2379ba250a.jpg

85d258ffb246891d3410055f04e94bc8.jpg
I have 1 molly loop at the bottom center of my pack but nothing at the top. So, I just simply added a molly loop at the top that I made from accessary cord. Then I just strap the top and bottom of the stick with two cam buckle straps.

The SuperDay is a nice pack, but in serious need of some molle
I picked it up on one of their 50% days. $140 made it easier to pull the trigger. Havent had any issues with it yet.

Sticks are choice #3 for me and I have full length Hawks so taking this into account, I've attached a short section of paracord on each end, loop each around the sticks (carry 3 if that's what I'm doing) and connect a spare rifle sling to the paracord. That way, pack is on my back, bow is in one hand and sticks are carried over the shoulder on the other.

I'm glad I'm using a pack from walmart so I don't mind putting a couple of small holes in it to be able to strap my stick on the pack. This will work until I can find the one I want

I have a 16" helium one-stick with an angled scout on one end.

I last year I added 2 cheap webbing loops (so small they only fit a g-hook) and matching straps with g hooks to a cheap Walmart backpack, as if carrying a bedroll below it. No matter how full I stuffed the bag, that part didn't bow out, curve, etc.

Holds a stick pretty good, easy to place a stick there when the pack is on the ground, cinches tight, releases easy, but it got caught on bushes I crawled or side stepped past, as often as it could.

I think a wrap for the platform and standoffs, or maybe the full stick, would be needed to avoid that, so there's less to grab branches. On my infinite to-do list to try.

If I switch to a frame pack I'll probably mount it the same way. I hate when the stick mounts great to an empty bag but hangs way out at top or bottom to catch stuff when there's any contents stuffed in the bag.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I use the cam buckle on the stick to keep it attached. You can also use it to hold extra layers of clothing on the hike in/out.

Back