• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Eberhart Signature Saddle Video Review

valerio024

I just posted my full review of the Eberhart Signature Saddle (ESS). I included lots of tips on how to manage the webbing and adjust the saddle. I hope it’s helpful for you guys. I'd also love to hear what you guys are thinking of the saddle. I plan to compare it to the Recon in the near future. Please consider subscribing to my channel.

I just posted my full review of the Eberhart Signature Saddle (ESS). I included lots of tips on how to manage the webbing and adjust the saddle. I hope it’s helpful for you guys. I'd also love to hear what you guys are thinking of the saddle. I plan to compare it to the Recon in the near future. Please consider subscribing to my channel.
It's that comparing apples to pears that ess is a Chinese made version of the Recon U.S.A. made saddle just asking?

Thanks for the review. You find the comfort of a two panel is worth the added complexity versus a single panel? Those plastic clips look like a PITA and bound to get broken or lost.

cheers,
John

I see some advantages of the ESS, but geezz...there is a whole lot of finagling to get that with that thing.

So then,
You own nothing made in China, and never have? Ill wait.
[/QUOT What are asinine question who hasn't owned at one time a Chinese made product and just to clarify I didn't say anything owning or not owning Chinese made products will their's a lots of people bashing them I stand by the hawk Heliums sticks!!!

Thanks for the review. You find the comfort of a two panel is worth the added complexity versus a single panel? Those plastic clips look like a PITA and bound to get broken or lost.

I agree the clips will break, but a pack of 10 on amazon is pretty cheap so I'll probably just buy extras. I would say its more comfortable than my phantom, and on par with my Aero Hunter Flex. But its got other advantages. I like that it wears above my hips for a long walk in. I also like that it basically stays below my butt, leaving my upper body free to move without restriction. I need to get a free more hunts in to decide how I feel about the D loops long term.

I agree the clips will break, but a pack of 10 on amazon is pretty cheap so I'll probably just buy extras. I would say its more comfortable than my phantom, and on par with my Aero Hunter Flex. But its got other advantages. I like that it wears above my hips for a long walk in. I also like that it basically stays below my butt, leaving my upper body free to move without restriction. I need to get a free more hunts in to decide how I feel about the D loops long term.

Do you have a link to the clips? Been trying to find them.

I just use a carabiner. Hold the bridge strap up. Push the inner panel down to the outer one and line them up. Lay it flat and clip it on the lower strap for each panel.

Put it between the supports in the back. That holds them together so you can step through. Once you step through keep it tight to the back of your legs and work it up over your hips. Tighten your belt etc.

It’s easy to take the Carabiner off once your tethered in. I don’t try to line them up when I climb down. I take the saddle off when I’m down and it goes in my pack.
Practice it, not hard at all.

Given the simplicity and years of experience John has in the saddle, Im shocked it comes with big metal rings like that.

Thanks for the review. I just got mine in the mail. Do they come with the plastic clips? Mine did not have them out of the package. Found some on amazon, but I want to contact tethrd if its supposed to have the clips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review. I just got mine in the mail. Do they come with the plastic clips? Mine did not have them out of the package. Found some on amazon, but I want to contact tethrd if its supposed to have the clips.

The ESS should have come with two clips. Reach out to Tethrd, @g2outdoors, and they will get you taken care of.

The ESS should have come with two clips. Reach out to Tethrd, @g2outdoors, and they will get you taken care of.

Update: after your reading your post and triple checking the box, I found them stuck under the cardboard flap at the bottom of the box I’m good to go

Thanks.

Back