• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Eberhart Workshop testimonials

John Eberhart

Vendor Rep
Of the 6 attendees at my first workshop, 5 were harness users and one was a local Amish gentleman that uses ladder and hang-on stands. One was a Guido's Web user and he will definitely convert to the new New Tribe harness when it comes out later this month because he has issues with it being as cumbersome to carry around as any conventional stand, 3 were saddle users and I showed them a lot of tips while hanging from one as 2 of them were not very comfortable the way they were using it, and the other was an Aero Evolution user and he had been using it totally wrong as he had the bridge strap at full length during use.

Here are the 2 testimonials I received so far after the first workshops and Ron has bowhunted for over 40 years and Tom has gun and bow hunted for over 20 years and they have both visited this site, but are not regulars on it. Ron has also attended a land management workshop in the past and told me this was far more enlightening concerning the basic skills of hunting and location set-up and plan.

After spending the day with John Eberhart, who undoubtedly is one of the best whitetail hunters in Michigan, if not the country, I came away with a much better understanding of how and what has made him so successful. It is one thing to read John's informative books and many articles detailing his methods and techniques, but to actually walk and observe his hunting environment is the ultimate learning experience.

Not only is John a great whitetail hunter, he is also an informative teacher as well. John's willingness and receptiveness to answer any and all questions posed to him while in the field was an invaluable resource to have available to myself as a participant and a student.

Finally, John's individualistic approach, personal style, wealth of Information, and devotion to detail are all well worth the investment of time and money for the whitetail enthusiast. I would certainly recommend adding this experience to a whitetail hunters bucket list.

Ron Moesta

Tustin, MI

John

Thank you for organizing your Whitetail Workshop. It was an outstanding opportunity that I am glad I participated in and even though I had already read your books and watched your DVD's, which are very informative, the workshop was the icing on the cake.

There is no substitute for getting out into the field and seeing for yourself what your books and DVD's are discussing. Attending the workshop will enhance my recognition of
transition areas, primary scrape zones, destination locations, bedding areas, & how to enter
& exit (UNDETECTED) the properties I hunt.

Showing where and how you set up on a hunting property and then discussing your strategy for hunting the entire season on that property was enlightening as was witnessing how you set up trees, prepared shooting lanes and deciphered entry and exit routes.

My take away from the workshop was priceless. For those that want to observe and learn successful techniques for hunting mature whitetail bucks, you owe it to yourself to attend Eberhart’s Whitetail Workshop.

Tom Trace - Ohio

Keep in mind that I do mention to the attendee's at the end that if they thought the workshop was worth the money spent, to please send me a testimonial. I also ask that if they have any negative feedback or constructive advice (many are professionals in other fields), to send that as well.
I had a workshop last weekend and here are the 4 testimonials I've received so far from it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
John

Before I came I read your book PRECISION BOWHUNTING in which you cover most whitetail hunting topics in great detail. However your workshop gave me the perfect opportunity to see firsthand how you actually do thing such as prepare your hunting locations and entry and exit routes as well as plan out in detail your seasonal hunting plan for that particular property.

As a self-taught hunter, attending your two day workshop allowed me to talk to you and confirm the hunting strategies taught in the book. I appreciated your willingness to answer all my questions in detail on how to hunt pressured deer in my home state of Pennsylvania and for answering the many questions asked by the other attendees.

Your attention to every detail has inspired me to become a better hunter and you also clarified a few misconceptions I had about hunting. I feel more confident and am excited to apply your hunting strategies in my hunting excursions.

Thanks again for offering such a great interactive workshop.

Ryan Smoker – Pennsylvania

John

I really enjoyed your workshop as it was so helpful being in the woods and seeing your hunting locations and the reasons they were chosen. While my hunting is primarily hill country, your approach was the main takeaway for me in finding my areas particular patterns based on the knowledge you gave.

Your scent regimen you so willingly shared and the use of Scent-Lok and other things done in conjunction with it will be a game changer for me.

I chose your workshop because I respect your style of hunting and the way you analyze and dissect deer patterns as well as you using the tree saddle/sling harness system.

Steve Boggs - Michigan
---------------------------------------
John

It was nice meeting you and Lynn. I appreciate the opportunity to see your set ups and learn how you go about hunting.

I wish I would have learned from you 20 years ago. It would have saved me a lot of time and money and my success would have been much better. I have spent a small fortune on deer hunting products but your workshop was by far the best money I have spent. It was very helpful spending time in the woods and seeing how you anticipate deer movement and set up for the shot. Thanks for your help with my saddle as I can't wait to hunt with it this fall.

Thanks for everything and I hope our paths cross again

Steve Lamie - Michigan
-----------------------------

What John's whitetail workshop did for me.

Enhanced skills were learned.
Made me think about my current habits that can be improved such as ways to enter and exit stands to minimize spooking game.
John showed me how to use the tree saddle to maximize comfort and mobility.
How to utilize natural food sources and choose the right tree to create a great location setup and then decipher what time of season and day is best for each hunting location.
Showed me how to save money on tree steps and how to put them into the tree.
Shooting lane preparation that maximizes chances of getting off a shot.
Best tools of the trade that will reduce the amount of effort needed to prepare a location including preparing a tree, shooting lanes and entry and exit routes.
The scent control portion is a must for anyone interested in becoming undetectable from the whitetails ability to smell you at levels strong enough to alarm them.
The regimen required for scent control requires discipline and John provided the information required to properly care for all of your hunting clothing as well as provide recommended suppliers of great hunting clothing. Also learned great tips on how to keep warm on stand when the temperatures get low.

The whitetail workshop is a great way to enhance you hunting knowledge and improve your chances for success in the field.

Steve Thomas - Michigan

Scouted some public land for different guys in Michigan and here are the testimonials they sent.

Some public land scouting testimonials

John,

Thanks again for taking the time to scout Michigan public land with me. I learned so much and had a great time! Though nothing replaces experience, I believe strongly that education is vastly superior to equipment and gleaning off of your experience shed a new light on the heavily pressured situation I am in.

I had previously found your books, articles, DVDs and interviews helpful, but they are nothing like being involved in an actual situation, discussing the how’s and whys, dos and don'ts, of different real-world hunting scenarios. I have gained some immensely helpful tools to set me up for success, not only this season, but in all seasons to come. I highly recommend this for anyone who is serious about hunting deer, especially if they also are hunting on some of the most pressured public land in the country.

Thanks again!

Gabe Forster
Hunt2Fish
Spending an entire day in the woods with John was a huge eye opener for me to say the least. I have spent years hunting public ground with limited success and after spending time with John, it was evident why. Not only is John going to show you how he looks at scouting an area and picking out a tree, he is going to make sure you understand the who, when, why and where. Spending the time in the woods with him is all the difference in the world. I now have confidence that I can show up to any piece of public or private land and know what to do. I will definitely be doing this again with him. -Ken Scicuna

Some newer testimonials from last weekend:

I had the pleasure of spending it with John, and hunters from Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois and Ohio. John has a great proven mature buck hunting system that he demonstrates thoroughly.

I like how he keys his efforts on hunting directly over destination spots, whereas I would focus on trails leading to destination spots.

Great scent control information and a walking encyclopedia on Scent-Loc gear.

You couldn't find a better place to find knowledge for hunting from tree saddle style set ups. I never hunted from this system in my life. I walked away this weekend feeling like I have been using saddles my whole life. I will be investing in a harness over the winter and plan to be ready to hunt from it next season. I have a spot on my private property where this system would trump any other way to hunt this certain location.

I also plan on hunting a few public land spots in the future and this method is the ticket for a easy, light weight tactic for hunting secluded hard to reach areas.

Don't let age detour your thoughts on hunting saddles, if you can climb a tree you can hunt comfortably from them. I now know several people into their 60's using these harnesses.

Great weekend and Time Well Spent!!

Rich Hutton - Michigan

I attended John's Whitetail Workshop in September 2017, and I was really impressed!

John goes through in detail why he chooses stand locations, how he sets them up, where and why he clears shooting lanes, when he hunts specific locations, how he enters and exits these stand locations, not to mention a lot of good information about hunting from a saddle and just bow hunting in general.

John's experience and success in a pressured state like Michigan is second to none, and comparing the cost of this workshop to most hunters who spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars every year on hunting equipment, the cost is well worth every penny!

Gary Richards - Ohio

It was nice meeting you and Lynn. I appreciate the opportunity to see your set ups and learn how you go about hunting.

I wish I would have learned from you 20 years ago. It would have saved me a lot of time and money and my success would have been much better. I have spent a small fortune on deer hunting products but your workshop was by far the best money I have spent. It was very helpful spending time in the woods and seeing how you anticipate deer movement and set up for the shot. Thanks for your help with my saddle as I can't wait to hunt with it this fall.

Thanks for everything and I hope our paths cross again

Steve Lamie - Michigan
Being a late starter to bowhunting (38 yrs old ) and with no family members that hunt, I got some helpful advice from some friends my first year that got me launched. I ran across John's books and DVD's shortly thereafter, and like many others have tried to emulate his success. After hunting with my young sons for the past few years and now having the opportunity to introduce my eager 14 yr old daughter to the activity of bowhunting, she wanted to join me in attending one of John’s Whitetail Workshops.

Driving 10 hrs was a small price to pay for such an up close and intimate view of the things we read about. I encourage any bowhunter who is serious about getting an opportunity to harvest mature bucks, to seize the chance at spending some time and learning from the " MR. REAL " of the Bowhunting world. Thanks for letting us peak into the gear room of the Eberhart way.

P.S. the saddle hunting approach I learned from John, is the only way I could look my wife in the eyes and honestly keep the promise I made her: "I nor my kids will never fall from a treesaddle."

Greg and Lauren Nowak

I've hunted deer with a gun for over 25 years and with a bow for 8 years and while I've been somewhat successful, I've never taken anything big enough to hang on the wall. I know there are big bucks in my area but have always felt I was making some minor mistakes, I just didn't know what they were.

After attending John's in/field day class and seeing exactly how he prepared each of the 14 locations we visited concerning; why this location, each locations seasonal and daily timing, tree choice, shooting lanes, height in each tree based on many variables, entry and exit routes, scent control, etc., the mistakes I was making became very apparent I didn't have to break the bank to adopt what John does.

My family and I love venison and main reason I deer hunt is for the meat and the other reasons are for the sheer enjoyment of being in the woods and enjoying nature. But I still have the desire to step my bowhunting skills up a notch or two and take some wall hanger's to preserve the memories and being able to actually see the detail John puts into everything he does definitely did that.

If you follow John's techniques you'll have exactly that, more success on mature animals. John's success in heavily pressured areas speaks for itself.

Leonard Schrock - Michigan landowner

I attended John’s workshop and found it very worthwhile. John’s success over many years in a high pressured state like Michigan speaks for itself. The field day really opened my eyes to the importance of stand location and preparation, shooting lanes, entry and exits, what time of day a location may be best suited for, where to hunt during different times of the season, and the advantages harness saddle hunting can provide. I would definitely recommend this workshop to deer hunting enthusiasts that want to listen and learn about an approach that has worked incredibly well for John.

Kip Cotter - Michigan

Great Post John! I am glad to hear the workshop is going well! ( as if I was surprised lol)

Whats wrong with having the Evo bridge at full length while hunting?

I really need to find a way to come out for one of your workshops. Where can I look for upcoming dates?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I should be posting my 2018 spring dates on my website (www.deer-john.net) in the next month or so after I book the seminar room at Jay's. Am already booked for doing seminars at the Ohio (March 16-18) and Wisconsin (April 6-8) Deer & Turkey Expos in Columbus and Madison and have another at the Akron Canton Hunting, Fishing and Outdoor Show in Ohio on March 24-25. Also looking at doing the Novi Outdoorama in Novi Michigan on March 1-4.

So it looks like the workshops may be Feb. 25-26, March 3-4 (if I don't do the Novi show), and a couple in April and maybe one each in May, June, July and August. Have to get the Outback seminar room at Jay's Sporting Goods booked first.

G2 - Where and what is the 4. P1140253.JPG saddlepalooza?

I should be posting my 2018 spring dates on my website (www.deer-john.net) in the next month or so after I book the seminar room at Jay's. Am already booked for doing seminars at the Ohio (March 16-18) and Wisconsin (April 6-8) Deer & Turkey Expos in Columbus and Madison and have another at the Akron Canton Hunting, Fishing and Outdoor Show in Ohio on March 24-25. Also looking at doing the Novi Outdoorama in Novi Michigan on March 1-4.

So it looks like the workshops may be Feb. 25-26, March 3-4 (if I don't do the Novi show), and a couple in April and maybe one each in May, June, July and August. Have to get the Outback seminar room at Jay's Sporting Goods booked first.

G2 - Where and what is the View attachment 2761 saddlepalooza?
John,
If you have more info on the Madison dates will you forward them to me? I'm very interested in attending and can easily make that drive.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

EP

The Wisconsin Deer & Turkey Expo is in Madison on April 6th-8th and I'll be doing one seminar on Friday afternoon, 2 on Saturday and one on Sunday. Held at the Alient Energy Center and keep in mind these are only 1 hour seminars so I really don't know how much you could get out of them.

G2 - Where and what is the View attachment 2761 saddlepalooza?
SaddlePalooza will be Feb 16-19, 2018 (president's day weekend) in Savannah, GA. We will be pig hunting on Fort Stewart. Last year I hosted Pigmageddon. This year I was able to get some sponsors and it looks like we will have a great turnout.

My goal was to have 30 saddle hunters and it looks like that is going to happen.

All the details and discussion is here.
http://www.saddlehunter.com/communi...epalooza-feb-16-19-2018-official-thread.4082/

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Feb. 14 & 15 I'll be in Phoenix for a sports show and leave on the 15th for Dallas and will be at a show there on the 16th thru 19th.

Below are a few picture from the last workshop.

First pic is of me holding my harness in my hand getting ready to unroll it.
Second pic is of me after I put it on.
Third pic is of me in a tree.

617KB 2017 workshop rolled up sling.JPG 540KB - 2017 workshop sling on ground.JPG 522KB - 2017 Workshop sling in tree.JPG

Back