• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Eberlestock X2 VS Renegade

Jammintree

SH Member
I’m looking to get myself a larger pack and am considering an Eberlestock. I need something for carrying my saddle hunting gear in cold weather when I also need to pack additional warm layers. They seem like they might have the quality and features I’m looking for at a reasonable price. Do any of you have experience with both the X2 and Renegade? Can you compare them?

I’m looking to get myself a larger pack and am considering an Eberlestock. I need something for carrying my saddle hunting gear in cold weather when I also need to pack additional warm layers. They seem like they might have the quality and features I’m looking for at a reasonable price. Do any of you have experience with both the X2 and Renegade? Can you compare them?
Are you planning to haul meat and gear or just gear?

No experience with the brand so cant help there. 1800 cu in is about as small as you can go and expect to get a big doe out in one trip. For that style pack I would be looking at a different option just because I have experience with their stuff. I'll shoot you a pm so as to keep this on the brand you asked about.

I love my X2, never tried the renegade, BUT I am now rocking the the F1 with batwings, zip in duffle or zip in drybag. The meat shelf helps all the way around. I upgraded the belt to a K4.

I have both, used the X2 for about 3 years. I liked the X2, but the spotting scope pockets were always awkward for fitting my gear.

Last year I switched to the Renegade, which I now prefer by a long shot. The best feature is the PALS webbing on the waistband. I hang 4 Dan-O fleece pouches off the PALS and use that space for anything I may need to access while wearing the pack, along with items I may need when I get to my tree. With those pouches the Renegade holds more than the X2.

Disclaimer: Due to Wisconsin game laws, I don't pack meat out, but in bad weather I pack a lot of layers.

Back