• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Eberlestock x2

Ayoung

Those of you that run this pack and have tried others, are they worth the money? This is my 1st year saddle hunting and need to get a good pack. I’m also looking at the trophyline 2.0. I think either one would serve me good. I do not plan on taking a bunch of stuff with me mostly sticks and platform and very little extras so I know they both will be overkill. But I do like the extra space if needed. Just looking for some knowledge. Thanks

i do not have this pack because i read that it may not be comfortable for taller hunters- i'm 6'2. waist belt not adjustable enough to have it ride comfortably is what i've seen multiple places. it is, however a great pack, and many many people like and reccomend it. i assume they all have shorter torsos than mine.

I hunt light as well and currently carry my Mission with backpack straps and my sticks strapped to it.
Will be looking hard at the Trophyline Platow when it is released in about 10 days. I don't need a full backpack so this one might work out perfect.

I hunt light as well and currently carry my Mission with backpack straps and my sticks strapped to it.
Will be looking hard at the Trophyline Platow when it is released in about 10 days. I don't need a full backpack so this one might work out perfect.
shhhh stop telling people about the platow, i dont want them to sell out before i can grab one lol

I have the X2. This will be my second year with it. I'm worse than a woman with pocketbooks as far as packs go LOL, I have a lot of them. I've got to say I love this pack! One of the wings hold my repelling rope, I put my LWHC in between the wings as well as my saddle. I also carry one stick for getting around branches. The rest of the pack is empty so plenty of room for warm clothes if needed. I did put on a Eberlestock pouch that I carry my range finder in as well as my binos.
The other day when I was out with it I thought to myself this thing fits me like a glove. I'm 5'10" but I think if I were any taller it my not fit.

I have an Eberlestock Tailhook which is discontinued. It's essentially a shoulder harnesses fanny pack version of the X2 and very similar to what I think the Platow will be. I fastened my predator pack to the shoulder straps and my sticks to the wings and have plenty of room for layers, calls etc. It's great overall.

i do not have this pack because i read that it may not be comfortable for taller hunters- i'm 6'2. waist belt not adjustable enough to have it ride comfortably is what i've seen multiple places. it is, however a great pack, and many many people like and reccomend it. i assume they all have shorter torsos than mine.
I echo this exactly. I went with a Kuiu Venture 2300 (large) for this reason, and it fits me perfectly as a tall-ish skinny guy (6'3, 165 lbs.).

Thanks guys for the info. I am not sure that I can bring myself to pay full price for one of those. I know I’d probably be happy and you get what you pay for but man that’s a lot of money for me and I have a very hard time spending it. If any of you guys out there are looking to get rid of one for an extremely ridiculous good deal let me know. :)

you can find them used from 180-225, isn't a ton off retail, but it's something. This close to the season expect to be on the top end of that. In Feb-June you could likely snag one for the bottom end or even 175. Good luck!

I’m 6’5, 240 and I run the X2 with zero issues.

I’m 6 foot about 200 pounds and X2 fits great. I could see if you were much taller it may night fit quite right. I used it for a 2 seasons and it’s still in perfect shape. Pack is bombproof. However it’s really heavy. At 5 pounds I switched to a lighter pack this year.

I am 6'3" 250 and haven't run it hard yet, but have done some scouting this off season with it. I haven't felt like it was to small at all. My quick hunt pack is a dagger and the X2 is quickly becoming the pack for everything else.

If you live in a warmer climate probably not necessary unless you self film.

I own it and this will be my first season using it. Same as someone else said above. I’ll use the Dagger for a short sit where I’m one-sticking early season. Outside of that will use X2 for everything else. Fair small profile if cinched down tight, but can expand out well if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back