• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ebike locks

VFL

I have a Rambo Pursuit being delivered pretty soon and was wondering what everyone uses to lock their bike in the woods. Also, do you park/lock it close to where you’re hunting (don’t know if it might freak deer out or not?)

I carry mine wrapped around the seat post, put it through a fence or around a tree.
I wouldn't want to park it very near my stand. Also wouldn't want to have it affect someone else's hunt either. In my favorite spot I lock it to a woven wire fence 1/2 mile from my stand location. Doesn't bother hunters or deer much in that area.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220129-080143_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220129-080143_Gallery.jpg
    454.1 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: VFL
I have an old Alice butt pack I strap to the front handlebars. I keep a 8 foot cable and a lock in there and lock it to a tree.

Python cable lock. I usually lay it down in brush semi-close behind me where I will not see deer. Never been busted by deer with it, but have by turkeys a few times in the spring.

John H., Omicron survivor

Python cable lock. I usually lay it down in brush semi-close behind me where I will not see deer. Never been busted by deer with it, but have by turkeys a few times in the spring.

Turkeys? Wow..kinda surprised by that, but good to know. Didn’t even think of them being spooked by it.

I don’t have an ebike but growing hunting up my cousins and I would throw camo nets over our quads and sleds(snowmobile for you non snowy types) to help break up their shapes if we had to walk a ways in to our hunting spot. Would that maybe help in your situation?

Turkeys? Wow..kinda surprised by that, but good to know. Didn’t even think of them being spooked by it.
To be fair, both times the hens got within 10 yds before they spooked and took the gobbler with them. I just had the bike laying at the base of a big oak and not in brush and not locked since it was in my view.

I don’t have an ebike but growing hunting up my cousins and I would throw camo nets over our quads and sleds(snowmobile for you non snowy types) to help break up their shapes if we had to walk a ways in to our hunting spot. Would that maybe help in your situation?

good idea. Haven’t thought of that

Back