• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

ECW 11mm Camo - Wesspur Any good?

dhoff545

Hey all, Finally registered! Need some advice on rope.

I'm looking at adding a rope climbing system to the tool box as I have some trees I wanna hunt that I think it'll be the easiest in. I had been looking at ECW 11mm (http://www.wesspur.com/items/ec15.html). WesSpur specifically mentions bowhunters in the item description, so are any of you using it and what do your think? At this point I'm gunna use it for DdRT possibly with a split tail. My main question is how does it knot? Can I climb on a blake's or a distal and descend smoothly without it binding or milking?

In the future I'd possibly use it with a SRT set up, but I haven't figured out how I'd want to do that. Too much metal on metal contact for me to be happy. Lots of things climb trees, only people clank. I was more interested in the ECW before Predator was back in stock, but now that it is should I just go with that or try out the ECW? Also for the ECW (I'll probably pack about 80') is about 0.75 lb lighter and less stretchy... all else equal lighter is better. Let me know what you think and thanks!

Hey all, Finally registered! Need some advice on rope.

I'm looking at adding a rope climbing system to the tool box as I have some trees I wanna hunt that I think it'll be the easiest in. I had been looking at ECW 11mm (http://www.wesspur.com/items/ec15.html). WesSpur specifically mentions bowhunters in the item description, so are any of you using it and what do your think? At this point I'm gunna use it for DdRT possibly with a split tail. My main question is how does it knot? Can I climb on a blake's or a distal and descend smoothly without it binding or milking?

In the future I'd possibly use it with a SRT set up, but I haven't figured out how I'd want to do that. Too much metal on metal contact for me to be happy. Lots of things climb trees, only people clank. I was more interested in the ECW before Predator was back in stock, but now that it is should I just go with that or try out the ECW? Also for the ECW (I'll probably pack about 80') is about 0.75 lb lighter and less stretchy... all else equal lighter is better. Let me know what you think and thanks!

The ECW looks good!
If WesSpur sells it I think you’re safe
Especially with the hunter mention haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back