• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

EDC Options

bowhunthard88

SH Member
Curious as to what everybody uses as EDC, and how you carry the item(s)? Not really interested in the firearm(s) aspect, although I do have opinions on that. Also, don't count keys, wallet, cash, IDs, etc. Another disqualifier would be items required by your line of work. Input could be specific brand/model(s) or generic listing(s).

BenchMade Bugout knife clipped to back left pocket, Airpods Pros in my front left pocket, and a folded handkerchief in my back left pocket go most everywhere with me. I'll add a little flat medicine holder containing Benadryl, Immodium, and Pepto or Tums if I'm going to eat something risky or something like that. Glock 19 in a TRex Arms Sidecar Holster (Link HERE) if I'm packing heat. Sometimes go with a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield instead. I've run that system for a bunch of years now. If I was starting fresh, I'd either go with a Glock 19 again or maybe a Sig P365--those little puppies are suh-weeeeet.

Curious as to what everybody uses as EDC, and how you carry the item(s)? Not really interested in the firearm(s) aspect, although I do have opinions on that. Also, don't count keys, wallet, cash, IDs, etc. Another disqualifier would be items required by your line of work. Input could be specific brand/model(s) or generic listing(s).
Are we talking about for personal protection or utility purposes? Always keep a knife similar to the one above, a lighter, and headlight in the truck not on me. Keep a blade in the lap drawer of my desk for in the office needs.

Are we talking about for personal protection or utility purposes? Always keep a knife similar to the one above, a lighter, and headlight in the truck not on me. Keep a blade in the lap drawer of my desk for in the office needs.
I view EDC as on-person, but could be either for utility or protection. Most of my stuff is more from a utility-based preparedness viewpoint.

Never without pocket knives. Swiss scissors, nail file, pen blade in watch pocket; Boker 6884 2 blade; Puma lock back; Streamlight Nano; and titanium meds container with 81mg aspirin and Benedryl. When I'm out of town strap on my Buck 110 S35VN lock back. Knives have saved my butt a few times as a volunteer firefighter and saved others at least twice on my rescue calls.

on my person every single day aside from your excluded items is my leatherman that just stays in my pocket and my glock 19 appendix carry. I got on a kick for awhile about having a med kit on me (tourniquet, chest seals,etc) and wore them on an ankle strap (this is from War Poet) then i moved to a small pouch that i kept in back pocket or in cargo short pockets but now that stuff sits in truck. My leatherman is used almost everyday and i would instantly replace it if i ever lost it.

on my person every single day aside from your excluded items is my leatherman that just stays in my pocket and my glock 19 appendix carry. I got on a kick for awhile about having a med kit on me (tourniquet, chest seals,etc) and wore them on an ankle strap (this is from War Poet) then i moved to a small pouch that i kept in back pocket or in cargo short pockets but now that stuff sits in truck. My leatherman is used almost everyday and i would instantly replace it if i ever lost it.
I forgot about the leatherman but always have one in the truck, one in hunting tote and one with my fishing stuff.

On my person when the clothing I'm wearing allows, at least $100 cash in a binder clip I repurposed as a money clip, card wallet with ID/DL, debit/credit card, Sypderco Endura, Small flashlight, zippo lighter, Sig 365 Tac Ops carried IWB. If I'm at work (scrubs) or somewhere clothing choice doesn't allow me to pocket carry all items they are in a Maxpedition sling bag/man purse/tactical handbag along with a small med kit. The bag goes with me everywhere but will stay in the truck if I can carry it all on me.

i don’t carry anything unusual. At work I always have a pair of safety glasses and ear plugs on me. I’d like to get an Esee Izula (S35VN model) to carry Instead of just a folding pocket knife.

And I know it’s not tacticool, not nearly enough capacity to fight off the zombie hoards, nor enough power to stop a charging lion :D But I was at the shop the other day and the Browning 1911 380 caught my eye. I like 1911’s and for a small pistol I liked the way it felt in hand.

Depends to an extent what I'm doing and where/how far from home, but wallet/keys/phone (work days phone x2), I have a keyring compass and generally have my Leatherman and/or esee izula as well.

I have a med kit and some tools/other items like a flashlight, lighter, blanket, boots etc. that ride around in my truck so are always relatively at hand, though not "carried".

Working on the personal protection bit. Maryland has lots of rules and hoops to jump through and I've been having trouble finding a local class that fits my custody schedule.

Edit: found and registered for a class this weekend. Thanks for the thread, reminded me to check again.

Last edited:
Pocket knife, chapstick, eye drops, always make sure I have at least x dollars on me, Sig P365x (Born and Raised Outdoors edition, means nothing I know but I like it). I wear my MKC mini speedgoat often but somewhat depends on where I’m going so I guess I can’t say it’s EDC but it’s darn close.

On my keychain, I have a Resqme glassbreaker, a small Fenix AAA flashlight, and a Spyderco Ladybug. I also carry a 3 to 3.5 inch blade Spyderco, usually a Paramilitary 2. If I'm going to be out at night outside (walking home from somewhere, etc), then I carry a medium Fenix AA flashlight and have it on and low when walking (gives off the vibe of i'm not out for trouble but i'm also aware). Other than the usual (cash, cards), I carry in my front pocket wallet a microfiber cloth in case my glasses get dirty (i used to use my shirt or paper towels but i can't stand all the scratches now) and some dental floss (i can't stand having anything stuck between my teeth). In my wallet, I have a laminated card with emergency contact numbers (and marked as such in case someone else finds it) and a 100 dollar bill hidden that I don't touch except for emergencies (came in handy this year when my truck broke down in the middle of nowhere and 2 guys drove by....they had to abandon their hunt to drive me 30 minutes to civilization and they got the 100 for it).

If not at work or in a restricted area, I pocket carry in a Sticky holster either a Ruger LCP or a Kahr CM9 with an extra mag. That turns into a lot of stuff and the phone ends up in the backpocket, pistol in the front right, and everything else in my left pocket.

I typically carry (outside of the stuff that I originally excluded):

Left front pants pocket: bandana, nail clippers, chapstick/lip balm with SPF
Right front pants pocket: some sort of mid-size folding knife with a clip (I rotate knives lol, but a Benchmade Bugout and SOG Topo Meridian are in the frequent rotation)
Right front key pocket: small Worksharp knife sharpener
Belt carried FHF Gear Nav Pouch: Leatherman Skeletool, Pichi X2, couple common 1/4" drive bits, duct tape/electrical tape wrapped Exotac titanLIGHT lighter, Fenix E30R flashlight and extra battery, small pill container with a few Benedryll and pain reliever pills, SWAT-T tourniquet, QuikClot, single packet of nitrile gloves and antiseptic wipe

That's my EDC. Obviously the wallet, phone, keys, etc. I jump state lines a lot, so extended range protection items may, or may not, be on my person :nomouth: I do carry a Black Triangle Midnight Creeper MK1 MOD2 in an IWB position about 50% of the time... Most of this stuff is geared toward utilitarian preparedness lol.

Last edited:
Glock 19 on left side front of hip in tummy band, Swiss Army knife, the silver one with blade, awl, can opener, two screwdrivers in right front pocket. Razer 2023 folding phone in left front pocket, wallet in rear right pocket.

If I'm in the woods I add a Kershaw 1605 folding knife. The half inch or so of saw teeth on the knife blade has saved me more than once with small limbs while climbing.

If I don't feel like carrying the Glock I have a 22 5 shot derringer I slip in a front pocket.

Back