• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

EDP slice and dice

Fgirtyman

SH Member
I'd Like to make the EDP platform (now a DIY 1 stick) fold flat for carrying. If I cut the two pieces out (pictured) will it compromise the platform strength too much? I appreciate your ideas. Support cutoffs.jpgThanks

What are you trying to clear? A standoff on the stick? Might help if you show the interference you want to eliminate to permit folding flat for carrying. Is it an option to cut away the interfering portion of the standoff? (or whatever is interfering with folding flat?) I'd be much more willing to try trimming away part of the standoff than to cut out the interior webs on your EDP. (If the trimmed standoff doesn't work out, it's inexpensive to replace with a new standoff. But if the EDP is excessively weakened, the cost to replace will be much higher.)

Last edited:
What are you trying to clear? A standoff on the stick? Might help if you show the interference you want to eliminate to permit folding flat for carrying. Is it an option to cut away the the portion of the standoff? (or whatever is interfering with folding flat?) I'd be much more willing to try cutting away part of the standoff than to cut out the interior webs on your EDP. (If the trimmed standoff doesn't work out, it's inexpensive to replace with a new standoff. But if the EDP is excessively weakened, the cost to replace will be much higher.)
I may look at changing stand off or moving it or live with it. I don’t want to weaken it either. Good ideas..makes sense. I’ll probably reconsider the slice and dice part. Thanks!

I wouldn’t, seen alot of cast items snapped when not modded. I’d try to find a different way around the problem…….
I was a little Leary about doing that mod. I’m always looking for better ways to work out issues.
Sometimes it gets me in trouble..lol Ask my wife on that one! Thanks guys!!

How flat would that really make it anyways? I have a mission that folds pretty flat. Did they really make the EDP lay any flatter? I don't think the risk is worth the cuts at all?

Back