• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Eglin AFB late season hunt NW Florida

btsnhos

Anyone going to come hunt this? Archery/muzzeloader on 08FEB-17FEB, alot of good bucks are taken during this time it's an awesome late season hunt before turkey season. You can buy a 7 day sportsman permit for $25. I've hunted it each year with a few buddies and have shot some great bucks, could be a good saddle meetup

Attachments

• PDF - Dynamic_FY20 Hunting Season Dates.pdf
    37.7 KB · Views: 23
No quota hunts. Just buy a permit online and show up. They have all the info on their website if you google it. EP 144 of the southern Outdoorsmen Hunting Podcast has a good discussion on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How’s the crowds?

Last year I saw around 8 cars the four days I hunted it which was a Friday-Monday. It’s huge like 200k acres, a few of the cars were out of state

Last year I saw around 8 cars the four days I hunted it which was a Friday-Monday. It’s huge like 200k acres, a few of the cars were out of state

Nice, you do the archery or
ML?

I’m from Central FL & Eglin is a hunt I’ve wanted to try, but I have plans during that same time period

I’ve met some people that have done well there

Right on, would be a fun hunt. Been wanting to go west FL for late season/late rut. I have a trip to mosquito lagoon planned the 11-15, so won’t happen this year but maybe next. Happy hunting!

Im planning on it if i can get out of work. Its a family tradition for my dad , brother, and myself. There are some nice deer out there!

Back