• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Element Arrow

K.D.P

SH Member
Has anyone had experience with the Element Arrows? I’ve been looking at the Tornado Series and the Nucleus Series.

Has anyone had experience with the Element Arrows? I’ve been looking at the Tornado Series and the Nucleus Series.
I've got a dozen nucleus to build out for next season, haven't shot any of the yet though

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Shot the typhoons for 2 years. Hate to say it but by far the worst arrow I’ve shot. They have a super good marketing team. I bought them in a bundle where you get 12 broadheads for free. Broadheads were cheaply made too. There’s better arrows for way less money out there.

Shot the typhoons for 2 years. Hate to say it but by far the worst arrow I’ve shot. They have a super good marketing team. I bought them in a bundle where you get 12 broadheads for free. Broadheads were cheaply made too. There’s better arrows for way less money out there.
Dang that sucks. I really wanted to give them a try.

I've got a dozen nucleus to build out for next season, haven't shot any of the yet though

Those are the ones I wanted to try.

I just looked that video up, it sure is impressive, but controlled tests can make anything look good.

What was your biggest complaint? Toughness? Consistency? Something else? Or all that and more?

I just looked that video up, it sure is impressive, but controlled tests can make anything look good.

What was your biggest complaint? Toughness? Consistency? Something else? Or all that and more?

All that. I thought I was getting a premium arrow and the tolerances were lacking compared to other arrows in the price point. The components were absolutely trash. It was an outsert system and most wouldn’t spin right no matter what you did. If you ever had an arrow go through a target and hit the ground you could bet that outsert was bent. I had a couple hit things like logs or stumps and they both mushroomed and ruined both arrow and outsert. I’ve had axis arrows and about all black eagle arrows I’ve shot handle hitting stumps just fine.

All that. I thought I was getting a premium arrow and the tolerances were lacking compared to other arrows in the price point. The components were absolutely trash. It was an outsert system and most wouldn’t spin right no matter what you did. If you ever had an arrow go through a target and hit the ground you could bet that outsert was bent. I had a couple hit things like logs or stumps and they both mushroomed and ruined both arrow and outsert. I’ve had axis arrows and about all black eagle arrows I’ve shot handle hitting stumps just fine.
I've heard that about outsert systems in general, more so in the past than with newer systems. The nucleus use a 100 grain stainless insert, which I trust more than most outserts. Now I feel like I need to get these built sooner rather than later so I've got time to go another route if I need to.

I've heard that about outsert systems in general, more so in the past than with newer systems. The nucleus use a 100 grain stainless insert, which I trust more than most outserts. Now I feel like I need to get these built sooner rather than later so I've got time to go another route if I need to.

Yea if I’m shooting a 204 arrow im gonna have a hit insert in it.

Back