• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Eliminating or reducing the biners...

noxninja

I got some 1" tubular climbing webbing from rei. 6' long. Can I box stitch one 36" loop one end back through itself then only have a biner on the other side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for belt and suspenders, I would consider a water knot + the box stitch on both sides. Assuming that you are talking about a replacement for a bridge...

That's exactly what I am talking about. I saw where Dave did this on you tube. He tied water knots on both ends for his. Now all I have to do is learn how to tie one

I guess there's no need to box stitch with this

No, but an overhand on a bight does slip some overtime. You would need to keep an eye on the tables each time you went out.

No, but an overhand on a bight does slip some overtime. You would need to keep an eye on the tables each time you went out.

Can't afford no slippin lol

To clarify, the Overhand Knot on a bight retrace is the same shape knot as a Water Knot. But if you follow the instructions for a water knot, it is confusing to figure out how to make it into a tied on loop. Water Knots have a blown out of proportion reputation for slipping.

LEAVE TAILS. DRESS YOUR KNOTS FLAT WITH NO TWISTING!

But the Overhand Knot on a Bight Retrace (or rethread or a few other names) is as simple as putting a loose overhand knot leaving about another foot of tail, wrap through your Saddle Loop or whatever your connection is, and then rethread the tail through the first overhand knot following the same shape in reverse.

Back