• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Elite Envision noisy

Tree hunter

SH Member
I have an Elite Envision . I have not hunted with it yet.
But the bow seems to be much louder then past bows I have had.
Has anybody had this problem ?
Has anybody got a solution?
Yes one would be to buy a new bow. HaHa
But I’m on a fixed income , which means new bow out of the question.

Not a professional bow tech. But have you checked for contact on your rest? Is it a drop away?
Is the string dampener arm adjusted correctly?
Going to a heavier arrow could help quiet things down.
Did you buy it new or used?

Could be a number of things

First thing I would look at, is it actually loud or is it an acoustics issue? If you are shooting next to a house or fence or something, that will play havoc with the acoustics. Get out in the open, have someone else listen when you shoot or record it, and verify that it is actually loud and not just a perception issue. At home I shoot on my deck and it sounds terrible, but I take it out in the open somewhere and it's pretty darn quiet.

Next thing I would check for anything and everything that could be loose. Take off your quiver, anything extraneous, and tighten down all your accessory screws and bolts.

Three, check your arrow weight and/or try heavier. A lighter arrow setup is louder. A too-light setup will be obnoxiously loud.

Four, check you tuning specs. A little out of tune won't be noticeably loud, but if your timing or brace is way off, it might.

Five I would try adding some dampeners. Some bows are just louder. I personally believe deer react more to arrow flight noise than bows, but that's certainly up for debate.

Problem solved. I adjusted the string stop, make a very noticeable difference!
Thanks for the help and ideas.

Back