• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Emergency backup

huntin_addict

So, I didn't really plan to have an emergency backup, and I still think my Mantis will be here before season. I have however been practicing with my RC harness a couple of times to get used to my ring of steps and to figure out how I'm going to hang my gear. I guess in a pinch the RC harness will do for an emergency backup, but have found that positioning is key.

Also, have found that setting a ring of steps just right using a ratchet strap is a bit of a pita. Oh well, learn new stuff every day, that's what off season is for, perfecting ones system.

If you have a RC harness and want a backup in case the mantis doesn’t arrive on time I’d just get a DIY sit drag setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you have a RC harness and want a backup in case the mantis doesn’t arrive on time I’d just get a DIY sit drag setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

^^^ What d_rek said. Or even a fleece saddle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back