• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Endless loop sling.

Jeffy

Have any of you guys ever used one of these for any purpose or even heard of one? I was looking around at random arborist and climbing stuff and stumbled upon one. As much as I can see it being a very versatile piece of a equipment for a stand, and assistive climbing piece, self rescue item, etc. I’m very surprised I haven’t seen any mention of it at all on here. So here you go if you’ve never seen one or heard of one, here is something else to throw into the idea machine.CBFA4416-53F6-4A60-A1F6-356E6B241A4F.jpeg

They’re excellent, for sure. I use nylon tubular webbing with beer knot, so cheap to make tons of them of different lengths and they’re incredibly strong.

Really good way to stabilize one’s position, like in your pic, among tons of other uses.

Only thing I’m thinking so far is the difficulty of properly sizing for different trees. Could work maybe as a universal if daisy chained on one end??? I really do like it in the case of a self rescue in order to have a “place to stand” to relieve pressure on your tether to move it down or switch to linesman for descent. Almost zero weight residing in the bottom of a pouch that could be a HUGE help in a bad situation.

If you’re using hollow 12 strand like amsteel or Tenex, can make a loopie sling. Adjust to whatever size you want. Dead simple to make.

I was thinking about this as a way to stand or assist your position when transferring you single stick climbing. Didn’t know something like this existed already, need to try one out soon.

Maybe I’m crazy but imagine you had that, and then you had hose or something on the loop around the tree that would hold under friction and then slide up easily. Then you have a couple ropes up to your hand, could you use this like a climber maybe?

Could also do four of these as the first four steps prior to bolts right? So long as you add some tubing to keep them open.

Maybe I’m crazy but imagine you had that, and then you had hose or something on the loop around the tree that would hold under friction and then slide up easily. Then you have a couple ropes up to your hand, could you use this like a climber maybe?
That's an old method to climb utility poles. Use two ropes tethered to the tree with a loop in each for your foot and a linemans belt. Step with left and raise right tether. Step with right amd raise left tether.

Last edited:
I was thinking about this as a way to stand or assist your position when transferring you single stick climbing. Didn’t know something like this existed already, need to try one out soon.
There has been a couple videos using this method by itself for climbing to hunting height. They probably came out at least 5 years ago, but should still be there. I can’t recall the title of video & I’m at work. If I get a chance to look it up I’ll get back with you & share

There has been a couple videos using this method by itself for climbing to hunting height. They probably came out at least 5 years ago, but should still be there. I can’t recall the title of video & I’m at work. If I get a chance to look it up I’ll get back with you & share
One is by DIY Sportsman from 4 years ago “Climbing Without Sticks”

Ok, you’re right that’s pretty much all it is.
Guess I was confused as to what purpose you were thinking of using it, because all I’ve ever seen are those used for climbing or people standing in then at hunting height instead of a platform

Back