• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

ESS saddle mods

Archer19422

Wanting to know if anyone has the bridge to an amsteele adjustable bridge and if anyone has cut the leg straps off. I do not know what they do except hang there and get in the way.

I acquired a used ESS and the original owner put an utilibridge “full burry amsteel bridge” on it. I like it a lot. The leg straps can be helpful if your climbing and slip. The saddle won’t slide up to your armpits.

I did both. Fully recommend. Thinking about putting magnets or something to help hold panels together. Other than that issue I love my ESS.

another problem I have with the ESS when I am sitting in the saddle the two metal D rings turn at an angle and dig into my ribs. Does anyone else have the same problem

another problem I have with the ESS when I am sitting in the saddle the two metal D rings turn at an angle and dig into my ribs. Does anyone else have the same problem

How high do you run your tether ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m 34” waist and didn’t have that issue with the ESS but we are all different
May try lowering tether height and see if that helps.
Do you run a long prusik loop ?

Are you talking about the prusik on the tether if so my tether is my rappel rope and I use a madrock safeguard

Yeah I was trying to figure out if your hanging to low causing them to get into you like that

That definitely should not be happening. Try different things like different bridge lengths, tether heights and panel positions. Is your upper panel way up high on your back? I’m a 34” waist and my Drings are out in front of me.

Back