• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Everyone I've met so far.

I am so impressed with this site. The Information I have found is very helpful and the more experienced with this system have given me a ton of options. My gear is almost ready for the practice phase (I have already set up the saddle and practiced shooting from it 12" off the ground). I feel more stable in the saddle than in my climber.

In the week and a half since I joined I have met 2 people who live in my area who are into this system. I am looking forward to getting together with them to compare rigs and possibly do some hunting. I hope to meet more folks in my area from this site.

The Classifieds are great. I found what I was missing to make my setup complete within a day and I am awaiting their arrival.

Just saying: YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!!

I have to second your opinion. I really hope Red works hard to keep it this way.

I just got involved in another bowhunting forum in a discussion about the whole “scent free” ideas like smoking you and your clothes etc. I described the know abilities of dogs and deer to smell and the scents that we can’t help but give off, like our breath. I immediately told I was in special ed and that I needed to stop coming on there telling everyone they didn’t know what they were talking about.

I had first qualified my statements by saying I also currently use a huge regimen of “scent free” stuff, but I just really didn’t think that it did much good. Some people actually discussed the details but a couple others were completely offended and went off the deep end.

Let’s not let that happen here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. Scent control is important but to totally be scent free is a myth. It's my opinion and just an opinion that hunting the wind and paying attention to the thermals and micro climates will play a bigger portion of not being detected by deer. I've only been hunting 4 years this season and I do a lot of research even on the off season. DDH TV covers this pretty well. Again just an opinion.

I hope this site doesn't become like Facebook. Good luck this year.

I am so impressed with this site. The Information I have found is very helpful and the more experienced with this system have given me a ton of options. My gear is almost ready for the practice phase (I have already set up the saddle and practiced shooting from it 12" off the ground). I feel more stable in the saddle than in my climber.

In the week and a half since I joined I have met 2 people who live in my area who are into this system. I am looking forward to getting together with them to compare rigs and possibly do some hunting. I hope to meet more folks in my area from this site.

The Classifieds are great. I found what I was missing to make my setup complete within a day and I am awaiting their arrival.

Just saying: YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!!
I have to second your opinion. I really hope Red works hard to keep it this way.

I just got involved in another bowhunting forum in a discussion about the whole “scent free” ideas like smoking you and your clothes etc. I described the know abilities of dogs and deer to smell and the scents that we can’t help but give off, like our breath. I immediately told I was in special ed and that I needed to stop coming on there telling everyone they didn’t know what they were talking about.

I had first qualified my statements by saying I also currently use a huge regimen of “scent free” stuff, but I just really didn’t think that it did much good. Some people actually discussed the details but a couple others were completely offended and went off the deep end.

Let’s not let that happen here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am trying to keep it this way. I just want to remind everyone that as the site grows I need EVERYONE'S help to keep it this way. We have developed a culture around here and that is how people are expected to behave. Sometimes it is better to bite your tongue than to start trouble. If someone else starts trouble you can always use the report button to notify the moderators :)
Thank you!

Back