• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Evo mods

Mtnbowhunter

Has anyone removed the saddle portion of the evo from the waist belt and just used it? I'm thinking of just using the saddle part and ditching the belt. Just thinking it would work like a sit drag in a way.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Expensive sitdrag. I think Davet does it that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have to agree with "I'm there" you would be ruining a perfectly good Evolution to turn it into something else. Does the belt portion bother you that much? I think the cheaper and much better way to go is to leave the Evolution intact and mod a Sit-N-Drag, then you could always sell the Evolution if you found that you liked the Sit-N-Drag better. Once you modify the Evolution it loses its value and only someone that would want something like that would buy it.

Roger,

After posting yesterday i talked myself out of it and actually ordered a sit drag. Thanks for the replies though.

No problem Mtnbowhunter I'd just hate to see your investment be ruined by a modification. I have never been bothered by the belt can you explain in a little more detail why you would want to remove it?

Roger,

I wanted it to be more packable. It seemed like the rigidness of the belt made it not pack up good and i don't like wearing it to the woods sweating it up. I'm kinda ocd about stuff not packing down tight lol.

I wanted it to be more packable. It seemed like the rigidness of the belt made it not pack up good and i don't like wearing it to the woods sweating it up. I'm kinda ocd about stuff not packing down tight lol.

Ok gotcha and I take it from your name that you are hunting in the mountains which requires you to be conscious of pack ability and weight.

Roger,

Ok gotcha and I take it from your name that you are hunting in the mountains which requires you to be conscious of pack ability and weight.

Roger,
East Tennessee about 5 minutes out of North Carolina. It's tough hunting but worth it if you can catch up to a good one.

How close to Nanthahala Forest are you?

Roger.
I'm North of there in Greeneville TN, right across the mountain from Marshall, NC. I hunt Cherokee national Forest in Tennessee and Pisgah national Forest in NC.

Ok, I know the area, man it is as beautiful as it is rugged! My buddy lives in Robbinsville NC and the whole area is a sportsman's paradise for fishing, hunting, camping, and hiking. When I drove home I stopped and took this picture from the highway. The whole ride home through the mountains my head was on a swivel the scenery was awesome!

Roger,

Attachments

• IMG_1554.jpg
    IMG_1554.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 8
Back