• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

EVO Saddle Buffer!

rnomad

So I ordered my saddle last weekend. I was all excited like a kid on christmas, making that order. I've been trimming trees for ten years. This year is the first time saddle hunting. I've been using my Buckingham Master II with an added rope bridge. At least it does have a few tie in offers. To say the least this saddle is great to trim and climb in. How ever I never had a problem sitting all day in my summit cobra. I loved how the seat adjusted on it.
Hunting out of the saddle is a no brainer now that I've been out and made a few mistakes. Its easier and quieter to wear this saddle in with the leg straps undone that are medal. I buckle them when I get there. I'm allowed to use gaffs on all of land I have permission to hunt. I usually wear these in as well, unless I'm going far. I can make less noise and set up faster than I can with the climber. Once I have my two or three step in and my bow hanger. I take the spikes off! hang them and use them for cover or just out of shooting lanes. I also unlace my boots to let the blood flow better and cove my boots back up and zip up.

Why I never thought of hunting out of my saddle I don't know. I don't really care. On the climbing saddle I use now it has small thin pads, not much room for adjustment. As far as that goes so you're blood flow is poor on a long sit. I cant wait for the Aero Hunter to come but its on back order and wont be shipped out for three weeks. I know the seat will adjust properly on that.

New tribe sent me a letter saying it would be on back order the next day. So it may be to later for this season. Would I like to cancel my order. I responded Bow seasons not over till february. So I'm waiting!

Back