• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Evolution Bridge...fixed length

Buckhorn70

SH Member
I have found a fixed length bridge is working better than the adjustable blakes hitch bridge for me....I am playing around with a 23-24" length(like my tree saddle).

How many of you guys have gone to a fixed length? What length? Are you using the original bridge rope that came on the Evolution?

20-24" regardless of saddle/web. I prefer webbing over rope, but your options are limited on the evo with the rigging plates

Yes, fixed bridge, 24 inches, the same rope that came on the evolution. I just trimmed the excess off after I put another stopper knot on the side that had the blakes hitch originally.

Fixed bridge. I don't know how long mine is, I just know that when I rest my head on it the carabeiner is about 2 inches above my head. I like rope over webbing, just because you don't have to worry about twist in it.

Thanks,
Boswell

On my modified saddle I think mine is about 36 inches and it is fixed. Mine also hooks in right above my head and that carbineer is usually pretty tight to where my main line comes off the tree.

DaveT1963 said:
On my modified saddle I think mine is about 36 inches and it is fixed. Mine also hooks in right above my head and that carbineer is usually pretty tight to where my main line comes off the tree.
Same here.

So I was playing with my bridge this evening...

I was wondering if anyone has made theirs less than 24". I had my blakes hitch pulled right through my locking biner and my bridge was maybe 16"... This seemed to be very comfortable to me, and also allowed me to worry more about my drape from the tree than the length of the bridge, both of which I seem to battle after I set all my rope and then I settle my weight into it and i'm hanging way lower than i'd like. Seems like I was getting a lot less hip squeeze.

I may play around with a very short bridge until my ropeman1 arrives. The length of my prussic cord seems to be the real issue. No matter how tightly I tie the knots on the blakes hitch / figure 8 on a bight they stretch magnificently under weight. Just wondering what everyone thinks about going much shorter on the bridge?

d_rek said:
So I was playing with my bridge this evening...

I was wondering if anyone has made theirs less than 24". I had my blakes hitch pulled right through my locking biner and my bridge was maybe 16"... This seemed to be very comfortable to me, and also allowed me to worry more about my drape from the tree than the length of the bridge, both of which I seem to battle after I set all my rope and then I settle my weight into it and i'm hanging way lower than i'd like. Seems like I was getting a lot less hip squeeze.

I may play around with a very short bridge until my ropeman1 arrives. The length of my prussic cord seems to be the real issue. No matter how tightly I tie the knots on the blakes hitch / figure 8 on a bight they stretch magnificently under weight. Just wondering what everyone thinks about going much shorter on the bridge?

I would expect that you would get more hip pinch with the shorter bridge, but it doesn't hurt to try while you can still adjust it. Let us know how it works out.

Think I finally nailed my setup... Money!

-Sent from d_mobile

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445977571.964644.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445977571.964644.jpg
    451.7 KB · Views: 186
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445977599.748148.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445977599.748148.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 184
Initially tied it looked to be about 16" from knot to knot. As you can see in the picture the rope stretches a lot under weight and it was about 12" on either side of the biner. I so wish I had done this a long time ago!

-Sent from d_mobile

d_rek said:

-Sent from d_mobile

I've got mine set up identical to that. With my tether set to the right height (roughly top of my head) it is very comfy. I sat five hours, four different sits this weekend and I could have easily sat a lot longer.

d_rek said:

-Sent from d_mobile

I, too, have moved to a fixed bridge. About the same length as d_reks.

On a related note - the big stopper knots and tag ends that stick out from the rigging plates bug me. When I draw my bow, the one on my left sometimes hits the string which I worry about on release. I can certainly lean out somemore to clear that knot, but was wondering if anyone put the stopper knot on the INSIDE of the rigging plate and what effect that would have???

-Drew

drew13 said:
d_rek said:

-Sent from d_mobile

I, too, have moved to a fixed bridge. About the same length as d_reks.

On a related note - the big stopper knots and tag ends that stick out from the rigging plates bug me. When I draw my bow, the one on my left sometimes hits the string which I worry about on release. I can certainly lean out somemore to clear that knot, but was wondering if anyone put the stopper knot on the INSIDE of the rigging plate and what effect that would have???

-Drew

You could run the bridge through the paw from the inside and loop it back through another hole with the knot on the inside of the second hole. Sounds like a pretty good idea actually because i've worried about the same thing.

Never had that problem but you could just tie two figure eight on a bight knots if you're going fixed. I only used the stopper knots because I thought I might be adjusting it more and they are easier to loosen.

-Sent from d_mobile

Flinginairos and d_rek - both good ideas. I am going to play with this.

That left knot gets in the way when I'm trying to hide behind the tree and get ready to shoot at the same time. I know my bowstring has hit it before when practicing and the less I have to think about when drawing on a deer, the better!....

Back