• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

EWO Angled UP Platform Comfort

deertrout

I recently picked up an EWO Ultimate One Stick with the Angled UP Platform. I just did my first longer sit in it and found no issues while sitting but started to get some foot fatigue after leaning for a while. I believe this was due to most of my weight being concentrated on the small angled part of the platform or the point where it bends downward. My logic is Im placing all my weight on the part of the platform with a reduced surface area and that's leading to the fatigue instead of my weight being distributed across the full length of my feet. I found I could get around it by standing sideways, but that created a new problem as it wasn't completely comfortable having my feet at different angles. Again, no issues with this platform while sitting.

Any tips on how to stay comfortable while leaning from guys who have been using this platform a while? Is this just a "saddle shape" thing that will go away after I've used it more? Thinking about picking up the flat version but want to make sure I'm not jumping the gun first. Thanks!

2 things you can do. 1 boots with a steel shank like loggers boots. 2. A ring of steps. I always use a strap with 2 steps on it. I place the steps at about 3&9 o’clock. Personally I don’t lean much. I prefer to wear knee pads and sit knees to the tree.

I lean most of the time. But still sit for a little while to change the angel. If It is an all day hunt, I take my predator platform along.
You can also run your tether out some more and stand on the bottom step for a while to change it up. X2 on good boots.

Standing vs leaning change your tether height/bridge length and experiment with finding a sweet spot. If I’m gonna lean for long periods I’ll lean one foot against the tree and the other on the angled portion of the platform. The foot that’s on the platform I’ll start off with either my heel or ball of my foot on the platform and slowly side my foot down to reposition every 10-15 minutes or so to equal out the pressure. Then switch feet. If it’s a really long hunt I’ll also sit for awhile. Some of it is getting in saddle shape but some is just being on your feet is fatiguing.

I have an angled UP . These guys summed it up well.
I have my heels on platform and toes on steps or feet on steps, more than the angle, so the angle is more for changing pressure
I used mine on my first set up this year. I was pretty sore the next day oddly enough .
Agree saddle shape helps .
I practice shooting often from platforms but that doesn’t use the legs and core like a 4 hour set.
I had Kenetrek boots and ROS to keep feet comfortable.

Back