• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Experience with EZ Fletch Mini-Max?

They are quick and easy. If you like that much helical there are no issues. Keep the arms clean.

Last edited:
Love mine, it’s stupid easy and if you get crafty can do a 4 fletch as well with smaller fletchings. Also shoot mine through a biscuit and works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you got the answer you want (and its positive). I have a minimax because I intended to shoot blazers. Decided I didn't like blazers. At that point you're limited to what you can fletch with it (with hunting sized vanes). I did some 2" feathers and they were okay. Otherwise I was kinda stuck. Turns out, you can order the longer arms directly from Arizona archery for $18. Three pins to change them. So now I have the mini sized arms and the full length right helicals which work great for 3" type vanes. I just put Tac drivers on and the jig is great. Amount of helical is great. Tac drivers are great and not great. I've shot two off already in 2 dozen shots (they fly off halfway to the target, not knocked off by an arrow). Size, shape, and stablization all seem good, but I'm not doing extra prep when AAE's are just as good without it.

It's all I use and I have several others.....with AAE Max Stealth vanes my arrows spin like tops and are awesome to see

Tips for better results....when I didn't follow this my vane spacing/etc would be off slightly at random

1. keep the arms clean, you can soak the whole thing in acetone for a bit and then use a soft bristle brush to remove glue

2. Do not allow the spring to fold the arms up, while the spring is compressed fold your arms up manually

3. Next, put the arm retainer cap on only enough to hold the arms, do not jam it on

4. only then release spring tension

5. you can stick a q tip inside the arms while it is closed and mop the vane edge to give a cleaner look

Knock out a dozen fairly quick....as above, keep the arms clean (chapstick can be your friend)
No way! I have a mason jar of acetone just for cleaning mine. I went back to straight veins due to noise level.…….I’d consider seller it, but love the true helical mini I have

Bought one last year, and so far like it pretty well. Gotta keep after the arms though, they have to stay clean. Hit with a wire brush, and some acetone once in a while. They do a great job with the Q2i Fusion 2 vanes I use.

Back