• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

EZ V bow sight help

Duramaxlbz

I am trying the ez v bow sight I have been shooting the last 2 evenings probably 100-150 arrows and I just can’t get good groups. I really want to like this bow sight but I can’t shoot consistently at all. I had a HHA single pin and was very consistent with it. Anyone have any pointers? I have watched a few videos on YouTube but they haven't seemed to help.

Are you shooting at circles on a bag target or 3d? For me it wasn't that great shooting regular bag target when i first started shooting it. Once i switched over to 3d it all started coming together. It was difficult for my mind to unlearn the pin sight but once it clicked it was awesome

+1 for the 3D target. Also, keep in mind that the EZV is for game, not spots. Shoot a 3D target and you'll be amazed.

If however you are not putting them all within a pie plate... you've got other stuff going on.

Peep sight or no peep installed?

I started shooting that paper target but didn’t have much luck with that, now I switched to 3D target I still can’t get consistent groups. I’m going to give it another try with that.

You should be able to group pretty tight at 20 yards once you have the sight dialed in, straight away. My groups at 30/40/50 tightened up when compared to pin sight. Something else is going on if you can’t group consistently. Are you shooting at known distances and using the yardage ticks?

I love the ez v bowsight. It goes against everything you have trained your eyes and mind to see at a target. Once you overcome that and realize your looking through the sight and see the arrow hit the spot you were looking at, it is awsome. Dont give up on it. It is an awsome hunting sight

Put a crosshair with tape on a bag target. Line up your sight mark on the horizontal and center the vertical. That’s the easiest way to sight them in. Once you get 20 move back and check 30-40. Make fine adjustments, swap inserts etc until you are dialed in. I can actually spot shoot at known distances better with the v than a pin sight. The only problem I had with it is using the v to guess distances. I still carry my range finder.

Try installing the sight in the other position (Closer or farther)?

Early on I had it close up, not for long, but things seemed to get better when I put it out in the further position.

Thanks for the help I ended up selling the sight. I put on a single pin HHA I think with my arrows I use the sight wouldn’t work. Even went I tried the sight tapes that come with the HHA sight it wasn’t shooting correct. I had to sight in my bow with a blank sight tape and hand write the in.

That’s really weird. When you say they wouldn’t group well do you mean like one shot from 10-40 in 10 yard increments. That would just be the wrong insert. Now if you couldn’t group with all shots from the same distance it had nothing to do with the sight and arrow combination. That said nothing at all wrong with a single pin fixed or slider.

I sighted it in at 20 yards fine and those shots grouped well, once past 20 yards it wasn’t for me. I shot my bow through a chronograph I’m shooting 277fps then tried both insert 280 and 270 just couldn’t get it to shoot good. I really liked the sight and wanted it to work for me but I wasn’t happy with the arrow grouping. I gave it a solid month of shoot 5-6 days a week with no improvements. I’m not knocking the sight at all it’s a great concept I wanted it to work for me but I couldn’t go into the woods with 100% confidence in that sight. I probably could kill deer just fine with it but I want my to have 100% confidence in my equipment.

Back