• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

EZAider from EZOutdoors on Etsy

PaulK

Just wanted to give a shoutout to a guy making quality kit. I have no affiliation and just wanted to put my two cents out there as a satisfied customer.

He makes various aiders. I bought the “Single Aider” which is designed to be moved with you as you climb, increasing the height gained with each of your sticks by about 20”. There’s a stretchy leash and mini-biner to prevent dropping it and a secure section of rubber hose at the bottom to help you get your foot in. It’s nothing you couldn’t make at home, but probably nicer than yours would come out, and works as designed. There are color choices for the component ropes and a variety of sizes to fit different sticks.

Aiders whether rope, amsteel or webbing has to be the most profitable business going in saddle gear today percentage wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I’m sure he makes a nice profit margin, but for a nicely put together piece of highly useful gear, I’m happy to pay the cost at less than $30.

I used it again today and am still a fan. I transferred the leash clip from my belt to the top step bracket before I step onto my platform, so the aider is waiting on the top step for me when I am ready to descend. Making the transfer with my feet still on the stick means it will simply drop around my feet if I were to drop it at that stage.

I bought a bow sling from him. Really quality product. Everything in his shop looked top notch. Shipped quickly, and he reached out after it was delivered to make sure I knew I could email him with any questions issues. Go take a look and support the "little-man"!!

Yeah, I’m sure he makes a nice profit margin, but for a nicely put together piece of highly useful gear, I’m happy to pay the cost at less than $30.

I used it again today and am still a fan. I transferred the leash clip from my belt to the top step bracket before I step onto my platform, so the aider is waiting on the top step for me when I am ready to descend. Making the transfer with my feet still on the stick means it will simply drop around my feet if I were to drop it at that stage.

Is it adjustable on the fly or do you just retie the knot in the rope to your desired length?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen no need to retie the knot at the top, but I suppose you could.

When purchasing, you select as an option the height of your sticks and he makes it long enough to hang down approximately 20". I ordered a size small as my Heliums are 30" and it works perfectly.

Back