• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ezv gimmick or gimme?

Jay_Disarray

SH Member
I gotta say I'm intrigued by the concept of the EZV but it seems with the exception of ranch fairy all the reviewers use once to review and set it aside.

Does anyone have and use them consistently that can give a review after using continuously

Been thinking about it for a while, maybe another winter project. I'll say this, when they do go up for sale in the classifieds, here and AT, they show up now and then, they usually are sold fairly quick.

I traded for one in September, so I tossed it on my back up bow to mess around with it a bit. I did not spend much time with it all but I will say this, I am putting it on my hunting bow and giving it a fair shot. It shows a lot of promise. The few times I tried it out, without much messing around, I was convinced it works. I will need to spend time dialing it in, as I would any sight.

Absolutely love it. It is the only reason why I was able to shoot the deer I did this year. He had spotted me draw and had just spooked. The "mrrp" got him to stop in a shooting lane at an unknown distance. I had finished the draw as he was leaving and released when he stopped to look back.

It wasn't that hard to learn either. Maybe 100 arrows and I had a good understanding on it. It seems to work great for me out to about 50 yards past that I need to know the distance.

I try to not shoot whitetail past 30 yards and this one was about 33 yards. It is the best piece of equipment I purchased this year. I bought it here in the classifieds.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I swapped out my Axcel Armortech for an EZV at the end of last season and now I won't go back to a sight with pins. FOR ME AS A HUNTER OF WHITETAIL DEER THAT IS WILLING TO LET AN ARROW FLY ON A TARGET WITHIN 40 YDS... it has drastically simplified/improved my shot process. I can honestly say that all target panic is gone now.

Being able to witness the results of pulling the trigger on 3D deer targets at unknown distances with the EZV has given me complete confidence in my system.

You all tried it without a peep? Hunting a longbow this year only, love the simplicity, still going to hunt with my compound, but looking to simplify it. EZV and no peep may be an opportunity, all winter and spring to experiment and learn. Put off the saddle thing for years and finally pulled the trigger this year and love it, next phase of that is rappel and maybe spurs. Fun to try new things, keeps it interesting.

You all tried it without a peep? Hunting a longbow this year only, love the simplicity, still going to hunt with my compound, but looking to simplify it. EZV and no peep may be an opportunity, all winter and spring to experiment and learn. Put off the saddle thing for years and finally pulled the trigger this year and love it, next phase of that is rappel and maybe spurs. Fun to try new things, keeps it interesting.
Initially attempted without a peep but eventually had to go back to one. My form was too inconsistent.

reviewers have said that they can avoid the need for a peep by just adding a kisser, giving it that consistency back, but thats just what ive heard

Second season with mine..... Once I got it set no problems. Will order another one for whatever new bow is in the future

I’m intrigued by the sight as well. Can definitely understand how it works. I wish they were available at dealers and such so that I could try before I buy. Getting ready to sell my Garmin A1i and go back to my Axcel and would love to give an EZV a spin during the swap.

-Chuck

I’ve used one for 2 seasons and killed 5 deer with it. At known distance I’m a much better shot with the v, even spot shooting. At unknown distance I suck with it. I still can’t figure how to frame the vitals. I shoot 3d courses with it and I’m all over. If I range the target I’m dead on though. I noticed when shooting deer I second guess how I have it framed even at known distance. I’m going to buy another sight but I’m keeping the EZV. I’m in a love hate relationship with it right now. It’s a tough sight too. I dropped my bow from my tree and it was still on target afterwards. I might have the wrong insert in but it’s on target 20-60. It seems like I have to frame from in front of the shoulder to behind the ribs.

I shoot heavier arrows through a slow bow. None of the inserts are right for me. I just learned how to frame the vitals throu practice. Try flipping the insert.... Then you can make your own tick marks if you wanted to

I’ve shot at least 2500 shots with one. Known distances, unknown, all the scenarios imaginable. I killed four deer with it last season. I missed a really nice buck.

I can see some utility in it, if you intend to shoot whitetails past 30 yards.

If I’m shooting 30 yards and in (what I think 95% of folks should be doing anyway, but another topic), a single pin works better for me.

This is my 1st year using one. I would definitely say I suffer from Target panic. This sight has almost erased that this year. I have a slower bow with heavy arrows, so a single pin at 30yds is unobtainable for me. The EZV fixes that for me as well. I took my 1st doe with it earlier this year. Everything felt so smoothe and natural. I do not use a peep, but do use a kisser as an added anchor. Definitely sticking with it. It has worked for me.

Sold my old trophyline saddle and put the profits into my bow, picked up an ezv, and I gotta say I love this thing so far.

I had a tough time getting pins to hold steady enough at 40 for me to be comfortable shooting at that distance. Put that V on, and been shooting at various ranges in my yard up to 40, and it is a killer!

Can I hit a quarter at that range? No.
Can I consistently stick in through the lungs on my bag? All day.

Works great for me!

After shooting the EZV for a few weeks, I have picked up another one to put on my back up bow. I like it. I am not getting so hung up on the tiny pin moving around ever so slightly.

I love mine. I'm getting a bit up there in years and it's getting difficult to focus on both pins and targets at distance. Being bi-focally challenged and wearing contacts to correct for distance vision means pins are completely out of focus. With the EZV I can frame the shot and don't need to find or focus on a pin. In fact I find that my distance shooting has improved dramatically.

quick update: i brave out and take 10 shots or so when i can, every couple days even through these cold mn winters. im excited for spring, because im doing something i could not do a few months ago with my pin sight, hit consistently out to the 30yd range. I was decent at 25, but at 30+ i just could not get it right.
I can stand back at right around 30-32 yd range with my ezv and hit that vital area, or at least right around it, with some more practice ill nail it. been too cold lately to spend much time outside, it was -30* the other day. Ive actually already flipped it around to the pro side, as now that my mind has it focused on what the V should look like, its easier for me to just frame the object and trust the sight.

Back