• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

EZV shooters.....

Live2huntt

Talk to me about shooting at longer distances. I'm talking 40+ yds. I hunt some field edges(especially when I go to KS) and typically have a couple shot opportunities at these distances. Are you shooting just as accurate, worse/better at longer ranges?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I haven’t had tons of practice with mine but I’m loving it. Haven’t gotten a shot at any animals yet, but I’m doing just as good at 40+ yds during target practice as I was with my single pin sight.

As long as you have the right insert and you're comfortable, shoot... I can shoot 50-70 on targets because I'm comfortable with the shot, not sure if take that shot on a live animal, but I'm sure one day I'll decide to

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Has anybody tried this site with 3D? Or more specifically different sized animals? Does the site still work with different size vital area? That is how that site is supposed to work correct? Use the vitals to "range" the target?

Correct. You can also use the tick marks out 60 yards or where the insert bottoms out. I have a couple properties I hunt ranging from dense foliage to field like terrain and I've shot my ezv out to 50 yards just to make sure I could make the shot. I found my groups were just as tight as with a pin sight, actually I can see what I'm aiming at better because the pin is not obstructing my sight picture. Not to sound like a shameless plug but the sight has given me more confidence to take longer shots. Before if it was past 30 I'd nope out but after I set my bag at 50 yards, anchored up and let fly 6 arrows and they all grouped in a pie plate sized group I thought huh, not bad. Guess I'll keep it around.
And now that the skinny inserts are available the sight picture should be even better.

Thanks for your reply. I think I will give this sight a try.

@Miboy86 just got his installed on his bow and is really liking the instant accuracy at longer distances and ease of use. I have been on the fence with it for a while now but he's convinced me to pull the trigger on one. Can't wait to get it.

Aaron does offer a money back guarantee. I know lots of companies do but Aaron's company is small and I bet if you didn't like the sight he'd honor his policy.

Got my sight installed Saturday while getting my bow tuned up, 1st 2 shots were a inch high but dead center (shooter error) at 10 yards. Second 2 shots at 10 yards were dead center making no adjustments, went back to 30 yards and shot 2 more arrows both were dead center. All shots were in low light simulated conditions. Can only expect to get even better with practice over the summer, I ordered the new inserts so should have them in this week.

I just got the latest version inserts and I believe you get a better picture for all ranges.

I've shot it about 50 times, I like it. I used a single pin prior but I enjoy this setup a little more. My archery shop has a 3D range that I plan on going in to practice instead of paper targets.

I’ve had one sitting on my shelf for about 3 months now, I need to get busy putting it on my bow and getting used to it. I think I’ll really like it simply because of my old man vision if for no other reason. I have excellent vision beyond 3’, but up close is a blur. This is a major problem with pins.

I’ve had one sitting on my shelf for about 3 months now, I need to get busy putting it on my bow and getting used to it. I think I’ll really like it simply because of my old man vision if for no other reason. I have excellent vision beyond 3’, but up close is a blur. This is a major problem with pins.

Get it on there or before you know it the season will be upon us and you won’t want to make a change.

Done, lol.

But now it’s dark and I can’t go shoot it. I shoot a 520ish gr arrow thru a SwitchbackXT and I went with the slowest insert. May need to bump it up to the next based on the pin chart on the back, but we’ll see.

DO IT!!! Pull the trigger! I bet it'll make you grin every time you walk up to pull arrows from the target. :) The simplicity of the system is amazing.

To the OP regarding longer distances: When using a 5 pin sight, I would rarely practice at 40yds out of fear that an arrow would ending up buried in the shed wall. Now I shoot at 50yds (longest I can within my property) without even thinking about it. I thought all the "I shoot much better now because I don't have pins in the way" posts I read were hogwash... but now I'm a believer. My TP is totally gone since installing the EZV. I don't know exactly how it happens, but I no longer worry about holding my pin DIRECTLY ONTOP of my aim point WHILE pulling the trigger. Think it's because my focus now is framing the target within the V correctly. Once it's framed (or pretty close), I'm ready to pull the trigger. Gone is the fear of letting 'em fly ONLY when the pin is covering my aim point.

,\*Deer*/,
,,,\vitals/,,, = Pull trigger
,,,,,\***/,,,,,
,,,,,,,|**|,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,|**|,,,,,,,

Last edited:
Screenshot_20190601-175421_Gallery.jpgAfter reading all the posts about this site and watching some videos reviews I did get the site. Just got it on a couple days ago. I didnt have much time but this is the first group i shot at 20 yards. Obviously it needed a little fine tuning. I haven't had much time to keep working with it but it appears to have done for me what others report. Target panic gone, my aging eyes dont need to focus on a pin up close and a target downrange. I am really liking the sight so far.

anybody on the fence about it should give it a try
it appears to have done for me what others report. Target panic gone, my aging eyes dont need to focus on a pin up close and a target downrange. I am really liking the sight so far.
BOOM... BOOM... another two happy campers. Man, hope this thread is a top search result for whomever is Googling EZV right now. :)

Crap. I'm starting to sound like Ranchfairy...

Back