• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

False Advertising Hilarity

DelaWhere_Arrow

SH Member
Jul 16, 2019
Delaware
I just drove by a tree service that looks like it spent a lot of money on its logo-ing. So as not to call them out too bluntly, their name involved the words “red oak”. Their logo was a pair of white oak leaves. I’m still shaking my head.
They’ll not be doing my advertising, let alone my tree if they can’t identify the oops on their logo.
Anyone got some funny outdoor-related gotchas on logos or advertising?

Reactions: skell

ricky racer

Aug 8, 2016
Niles/Buchanan, MI
I ran across this a few years ago on a bike trip...

Picture_1027_%28Small%29.jpg

Kurt

Nov 1, 2018
Massachusetts
First time I went hunting with my buddy in Missouri we stayed with his grandma in Rockport. They have one of these in town. I would say this is not false advertising, but spot on!
85a509af3bc23888f3d275255824d41d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
The first time I went elk hunting in Colorado we stopped at the liquor store in the Town of Beaver Colorado. I'll let you guys put that together.

Nelson87

Jun 16, 2019
Southern IN
How about the fact that nobody puts honest weight ratings on their sticks and stands? Makes about as much sense as buying a $10 item and it ringing up for $11 at the counter due to tax. You know it's there, we know it's there, what special kinda idiot do you think you're fooling by "hiding" it?

Dan is bucking that trend with his Hunting Beast Gear. But one could argue that by the time most guys on here are done modding their stuff it's actually lighter than advertised.:)

DelaWhere_Arrow

SH Member
Jul 16, 2019
Delaware
I like the company, but does anyone else find it amusing that a certain saddle manufacturer pushes mechanical prussics as a must-have accessory, but their logo is cinched ropes? Just made me giggle is all. I still buy products from them lol.

IkemanTX

Oct 16, 2015
How about the fact that nobody puts honest weight ratings on their sticks and stands? Makes about as much sense as buying a $10 item and it ringing up for $11 at the counter due to tax. You know it's there, we know it's there, what special kinda idiot do you think you're fooling by "hiding" it?

AMEN

Reactions: Nutterbuster

IkemanTX

Oct 16, 2015
I like the company, but does anyone else find it amusing that a certain saddle manufacturer pushes mechanical prussics as a must-have accessory, but their logo is cinched ropes? Just made me giggle is all. I still buy products from them lol.

Ya, but having dealt with knots and prussics for years... the Ropeman is definitely a must have accessory!!!

................................................................................All climbing methods, platforms, saddle designs, and/or use of materials possibly mentioned in the post above are not peer reviewed for safety, and should only be used as an example of my own method. Do your own research and testing before becoming confident in any DIY solution to support your life.
-IkemanTx

DelaWhere_Arrow

SH Member
Jul 16, 2019
Delaware
Ya, but having dealt with knots and prussics for years... the Ropeman is definitely a must have accessory!!!

................................................................................All climbing methods, platforms, saddle designs, and/or use of materials possibly mentioned in the post above are not peer reviewed for safety, and should only be used as an example of my own method. Do your own research and testing before becoming confident in any DIY solution to support your life.
-IkemanTx
Lol I understand, for sure