• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Family of wolverines spotted in Kentucky?

Wolverinebuckman

:pWell, not the furry four-legged ones... Wolverinebuckman is now a Kentuckian!
Does that mean I have to change my name to wildcatbuckman:rolleyes:....snot happening!
We are so excited. We moved our family to 25 acres thats attached to a half million acres of Daniel Boone National Forest! Going to start a little farm... Goats, sheep, chickens, eventually a cow or two.

Having come from Southeast Michigan, I've rarely had to look at a topo map before, everything is pretty flat... I'm in for a whole new experience. Our 25 acres has a 300 foot elevation change alone!
If any fellow saddlehunters are in, or hunt around, the Pulaski county area, I sure wouldn't mind talking tips and terrain... and copperheads:eek:, I've got a steep learning curve with the season starting in 3 months.

Congrats, and welcome to the Commonwealth!
There are some good deer down there, the numbers ain’t the best in the state, but good bucks can come from All areas of the state!
Check out Dan Infalt’s hill country bedding, it’ll get you thinking.

I have a friend with a nice size farm on the southeast side of DB. Those hills can grow some really nice bucks but they don’t come off those mountains easily. Definitely buy hill country bucks as mentioned. Before and you’ll be on the right track. My friend has had pretty good success with his rule of thumb over there on his farm, he says “ hunt high in the morning and low in the evenings” good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious.... Are you going to have to get a nonresident license? How long do you have to live in your current residence to be eligible for resident hunting/fishing?
If i remember correctly i think Florida and Tennessee are 6 months

Last edited:
Congrats on the move ...might throw an alpaca in there if they weren't so dang expensive. Sounds like a good new chapter for you all!

Welcome! Glad it all worked out for you @Wolverinebuckman ! If you ever wander down to western KY give me a holler. Also, if you haven’t already, this is a perfect excuse to start a bourbon collection

Just curious.... Are you going to have to get a nonresident license? How long do you have to live in your current residence to be eligible for resident hunting/fishing?
If i remember correctly i think Florida and Tennessee are 6 months
Just checked with fish and wildlife yesterday... Only need 1 month established residency! Thank God!

Back