• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Fathers Day

ricky racer

Well, this will be the first Fathers Day that I will spend without my daughter Ashlynn, camping along the St. Joseph River at the annual Compton Traditional Rendezvous in Berrien Springs, Michigan. We've been going to shoots since she was just shy of 4 years old. She started shooting when she was 2 years old. We would always meet up with some friends and spend the weekend shooting, camping and just having a good time. Last weekend we moved her just outside of Columbus, Ohio where she will be starting a new job with Amazon Monday after graduating from college in May.

Here she is at the Michigan Bowhunters Rendezvous at her first bow shoot a month before here 4th birthday. She's holding a paper plate that she just drilled at one of the kiddie targets.

normal_MBH_Shoot_Gladwin_MI.jpg

This is at the same Michigan Bowhunter's shoot. Yep, she drilled the deer and bear targets...

normal_MBH_Shoot_Gladwin_MI_3.jpg

normal_MBH_Shoot_Gladwin_MI_2.jpg

We also used to go to local 3D shoots as well. You can see her arrow bouncing off of the bear target.

normal_MBH_Shoot_Gladwin_MI_3_001.jpg

Her and her friend Carl along with other kids always had fun shooting, making smores, playing games, fishing and what ever else they could come up with. Her and Carl even made the back cover of the Compton's magazine a couple of times.

One of the early Rendezvous was unseasonable chilly and jackets were needed to stay comfortable.

scan0001_%28Medium%29~0.jpg

Here's Ashlynn and me along Carl's dad, Jay. I'm going to miss her this weekend. Good times...

scan0003_%28Medium%29~0.jpg

Last edited:
Man I bet you going to miss her this weekend. That's a long tradition to have come to an end. Hopefully in the years coming y'all will be able to spend that time together again. I can't even imagine the day my daughter leaves home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing! We don't have any cool traditions like that but my kids will be on the road for summer vacation for father's day this year, don't tell my wife I'm a little bummed!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Very nice. I have all this to go through myself next year. This year my daughter who is my oldest is doing an internship and not available for our family beach week. Which for my daughter and I is nothing but surf fishing. Been doing that trip for 20 years.

Miss my daughter. 30+ year's old and started her new job yesterday. Still have her 1st place trophy from a local 3D shoot. Memories....who started this thread anyway !!!!
e9aecb13165e2ced7bec04d1c628218c.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Back