• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Favorite double step options

Ols

Hey everyone, I just got into hunting last year and have been trying to add pieces to my arsenal. I got a climber this year and am now looking at a more versatile option, which brought me to saddle hunting. I've got nothing and looking at options. As far as sticks, what are your options with double sticks and why do you like each? Right now I'm between hawk helium, muddy pros, and looked at beast but can see myself spending that much at this point. Are there others I am missing?. Thanks for any advice!

API huntin' sticks are light enough for most guys. Add an aider or an aider to each stick. Get real high. Hunt easily. $99. Hawk Heliums are a goo option, too. Muddy pros are nice! But they're heavy.

Carrying three hawk helium’s with a one step aider on each is about the easiest, cheapest and quietest way to get to hunting height. I’m running them with the 7/64 daisy chains and love them.

Is there anywhere that sells 7/64 daisy chain? I love that option but have never spliced rope. Looked into it a little.

Is there anywhere that sells 7/64 daisy chain? I love that option but have never spliced rope. Looked into it a little.
Look on the facebook groups. There's a dude named trevor byrd who does great spliced daisy chains. I think they're $15 a piece, including shipping. 88" with shock cord for stowage.

I see beast sticks are available for March shipments now. I know everything is so much to personal preference, but is it easy enough to get by with 3 sticks or is 4 a better choice. If I can save money and use an aider I might be inclined for that

I see beast sticks are available for March shipments now. I know everything is so much to personal preference, but is it easy enough to get by with 3 sticks or is 4 a better choice. If I can save money and use an aider I might be inclined for that
I have five but only use 3. I got a Yates speed wal aider and can get 24feet with just 3 sticks.

Attachments

• 0929191429a.jpg
    0929191429a.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 89

I’d get 4. I’m a short guy and even with a two step moveable aider I’d be lucky to get 18ft with 3 sticks. Doesn’t really matter how long your aider is it’s how high you can set the stIck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hawk Helium’s all day pal. Incredible platform for mods, light, cheap as heck, def the way to go.

I used hawk Helium sticks an have since switched to API huntin sticks. Either on will work well.

I am running 4 with a single aider on bottom step. I wouldn’t want only 3.

Back