• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Favorite hunting knife

paxamus

So I’ve got probably too many hunting knives (I have problem). What’s y’all’s favorite ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used a Case Trapper for all my deer hunting for about the last ten to twelve years. I can quarter and pack a doe out in about 20 minutes with just a Trapper and an army surplus Alice pack. Bucks take a bit longer especially if I am caping. This is the Mini Trapper. I just got this one a while back and used it to break down my buck on the 5th of November. The little one works just as well as the full sized trapper.

Attachments

• case mini trapper.jpg
    case mini trapper.jpg
    907.1 KB · Views: 33
I have used a Case Trapper for all my deer hunting for about the last ten to twelve years. I can quarter and pack a doe out in about 20 minutes with just a Trapper and an army surplus Alice pack. Bucks take a bit longer especially if I am caping. This is the Mini Trapper. I just got this one a while back and used it to break down my buck on the 5th of November. The little one works just as well as the full sized trapper.

That reminds me of my dad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is a semi custom Orvis my parents gave me about 25 years ago. The size and shape is just great.
Recent knives, I’m really liking the Argali Carbon.IMG_5132.jpeg

Last edited:
Awesome knife and holds an edge better than any I've ever used!!

EnsignKnives004.jpg

This is may favorite hunting knife, I know it’s very inexpensive, but I have skinned, quartered and caped many deer in the field with this knife. I have used more expensive knifes like my Kifaru M33 but I sold it …
I used to use Havalon and Tyto finisher TI but I always had issues with the blades breaking, but once I switched to the 3.0 Onyx it’s been great.

Last edited:
spyderco stretch....perfect fit to my hand and well made....but it's a lockback with skeletonized internal steel liners....so it's a pain to clean after a messy gut job....i've had to take them apart before....supposedly it's the deer hunting knife the founder of spyderco designed for himself

I own more expensive and better on paper... but I always seem to take my Gerber Gator into the woods. It holds an edge well enough to clean multiple deer and is solid enough to split through the sternum of deer with a slight pull and prying motion.

-Dan

Klein tools makes this knife. It holds an edge like no other knife I’ve ever used. It’s almost like handling a broadhead. I’m almost scared to use it. Best skinning knife I’ve ever used.

Back